Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nottingham Brass Thermostatic Fixture Problem

Posted by billrouse (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 12:30

Hello all! My name is Bill and am brand new to the forum. I have a Nottingham Brass fixture on a claw foot tub. The fixture is thermostatic and has levers for the tub fill, the hand receiver shower head, and the pan shower head about 8 feet over the tub. The problem is I can get hot water from all outlets *except* the shower head. It worked fine for 5 years, than gradually stopped putting out hot water from the shower head, just luke warm at best. I'm thinking the extra rise is enough to tax the failing thermostatic control just enough to cause this condition. My next course of action is to soak the unit in white vinegar or CLR to see if mineral buildup is to blame. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nottingham Brass Thermostatic Fixture Problem

Why don't you contact Nottingham Brass ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here