Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Freestanding Towel Warmers?

Posted by caiquemom (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 12:11

Anybody out there own a freestanding towel warmer? Care to share your experiences? Favorite brands? Many thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Freestanding Towel Warmers?

I have had one for several years, after deciding not to have one hard wired or plumbed in. It works fine, it is nice to have cozy warms towels, and since they dry more quickly, I can get a few days before laundering. I don't know what brand, bot it does have the narrow, round bars, so the towels are not as evenly heated as I would like. I advise look for one that has wide, flat bars.

o

Thanks for the response!

o

We tried the freestanding bar type warmer, and disliked it intensely. As tilenut says, it doesn't heat evenly. I think it's really only useful if you need to dry towels quickly in a humid climate.

Last year I found this compact tabletop appliance and thought I'd try it as a BD present for DH. We don't have a lot of extra room in our master but it fits right between the end of our sinks and the shower stall. I'm sure there are other vendors who sell it, this is just the one we chose as I figured if it didn't work, I could return it easily enough to their nearby store location.

He loves it! I got the large size unit as we use extra-thick luxury bath sheets, and one fits inside just right. He tucks it in to heat while he takes a shower, and by the time he comes out, it's all nice and warm, just the way he likes it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Towel Spa Towel Warmer from Brookstone

o

Amba makes a freestanding model called "Solo". It is one of the better freestanding models.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amba Solo

o

Freestanding towel warmers can be moved anywhere you want in your home. This is an important advantage. They heat up as good as hardwired ones but you need to find a good one if you want it really get your towels dry and hot. I agree Amba Solo is the best choice for a freestanding towel warmer.

Here is a link that might be useful: freestanding towel warmer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here