Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laremodel_gw

Lighted Mirror TV for Medicine Cabinet

LARemodel
9 years ago

Would you use an electric mirror with a TV as your medicine cabinet? I saw these at Lightopia last week and I was intrigued. The price varies with the size - it would be a big splurge - I did not write down the price, but I think the one I was looking at was close to $3000.

I'm trying to think of the pros, cons, and challenges of installing one - other than the price. Would it need to go on an interior wall? Would I be constantly cleaning the mirror? Can the TV be changed out (e.g., to update to a new technology in 10 years)? How do you hide all the wires? Are there "buttons" for the TV or is everything run through a remote?

The product I saw is marketed by Electric Mirror in the U.S. It is a medicine cabinet that is intended to go on the backsplash of a vanity, not on the side. It has lights along the sides and lights in the interior of the medicine cabinet, with enough space for just about anything.

Sometimes I'm uncertain about integrating multiple functions into one product - this would be mirror, medicine cabinet, "sconces," and TV, all in one package. I recall that 20 years ago a friend told me that she knew she was "losing it" when she mistakenly picked up her calculator at work when her phone was ringing. Now we have phones that can be calculators, cameras, and TV's, all in one.

So, what do you think? Lighted Mirror TV is a luxury item that would be useful? Or a problem waiting to happen?

Here is a link that might be useful: Electric Mirror

Comments (3)