Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbcichocki

Lowes white tile

sbcichocki
11 years ago

I really hate making decisions! I am down to white tile for my bathroom, but I can't decide between the off the rack white American Olean and the special order bright white. Does one look better with white tubs? Does the bright white make tubs look dingy? Or visa-versa?

Thanks for the advice!

S

Comments (6)

• thrilledtobuild
    11 years ago

We used the Lowes American Olean white subway with Kohler Villager tubs in our new build. I think it looks great and we saved a ton of money. We also used the Lowes black pencil liner to add some tile detail. Using the cheaper tiles but still having a custom look made this one of our best money-saving decisions.

• sbcichocki
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you very much for your answer. We are going with a Sterling (made by Kohler) tub also, and after a visit to the store we found out the arctic ice white just really looks bad with the tub we picked out! No where near the same color! So, we are going with the American Olean white tile.
    I do have one more question though. What color paint did you use for trim? Their ultra white and white don't really match the tile. Don't I want the colors to kind of blend?
    I've never done a room with this much white before, I'm very confused!
    Thanks
    S

• dvarnell
    11 years ago

I used the AO white subway tile in daughters' bathroom and we used BM White Dove for trim. That's the trim we used everywhere for consistency so we didn't try specifically to match it to the tile (or to anything else in any of the spaces).

• sbcichocki
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you very much! I'll go have a look when BM opens Monday.
    S

• thrilledtobuild
    11 years ago

We also used the same trim paint throughout the house, without regard for the tile color. We used BM satin impervo in the untinted base color. It's a fairly bright, crisp white.

• debrak_2008
    11 years ago

Thrilledtobuild, would you be so kind and post a photo? I would really like to see your tile with the Lowes black pencil line. Thats the pencil liner tile we decided to use for our kitchen and it would be great to actually see it installed.