Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mixing Grohe and Hansgrohe in shower/tub combo?

Posted by ikea_gw (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 11:21

We bought Grohe products for a shower/tub combo. It has spout, GrohFlex valve and trim, wall elbow, bar, and a hand shower. We are unfortunately not impressed with the wall elbow and bar. We really like the Hansgrohe counterparts but we are not sure if we can use Hansgrohe wall elbow and bar with everything from Grohe. Any ideas? I think the finishes should match nicely since both are chrome so we are more worried about functionality.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mixing Grohe and Hansgrohe in shower/tub combo?

Nobody is going to know this.

You will have to purchase the Hansgrohe, and see if the pieces fit. Most online places have a 30 day return policy - be sure to check for restocking fees.

o

Your wall elbow and the bar itself are no problem. The only issue is whether the Grohe handheld shower will fit in the receptacle on the bar. Maybe you can go to a plumbing show room and just try it.
If it's not too late to return what you already bought, you can buy the pieces separately. Buy your Grohe valve/trim and buy the elbow, bar, hose, handheld shower and tub spout from Hansgrohe.
By the way, I used Grohe valve/trim and Hansgrohe wall bar/elbow/handheld in my new shower, and I like them very much. The brushed nickel finishes look fine together.
Good luck!

o

We have a mix of Grohe and Hansgrohe in our shower. The only issue arose when the Hansgrohe hose didn't fit snugly with the Grohe handheld shower head and it leaked. Contractor remedied this by using a different size washer in the connector. No issues after that.

o

I have about 90 days to return the Grohe stuff no charge so that is good news. I guess wall Hansgrohe wall elbow should be ok but matching Grohe shower head to Hansgrohe hose/bar might be tricky? I might get a Hansgrohe hand shower too then just in case. Thanks all!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here