Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heidi877

Mini Spa Master Bathroom Remodel *pics*

heidi877
13 years ago

99% complete: frameless glass shower door and panel havenÂt been installed yet.

Our house was built in 1956 the master bathroom is 5 x 11. We kept the existing footprint so we didnÂt have to move any plumbing. It had been remodeled by a previous owner at some point along the way but not to our standards. Having a pedestal sink and no storage and counter space drove me crazy.

IÂve been reading this site for 3 years and have gained so much inspiration and knowledge over the years.

Since the bathroom is so long and narrow, itÂs a little challenging to take pictures, but here they areÂ

Before Pictures:

After Pictures:

The detailsÂ

Paint: BM Wedgewood Gray

Vanity Cabinet: Home DepotÂs Pegasus Gazette 48"

Vanity top and sink: Carrara Marble from CSN Stores

Faucet: Delta Victorian 3555RB-216RB

Mirror: CSN Stores

Light Fixture: Delta Victorian (LoweÂs) 17063-34

Towel Rings: Delta Victorian 75046RB

Robe Hook: Delta Victorian 75035RB

Baskets: TargetÂdark global

Toilet: Kohler Cimarron K-11451-0
Toilet lever: Delta Victorian 75060-RB

Toilet paper holder: Delta Victorian 75050-RB

Glass shelf: Delta Providence (LoweÂs)

Towel bar: Delta Victorian 75224RB

Towels: Company Store bamboo/cotton blend

Floor tile: 12 x12 carrara marble

Shower floor tile: 1x1 carrara marble mosaic

Floor grout: laticrete spectralockÂsilver shadow

Shower wall tile: 3x6 white subway

Shower wall grout: polyblend platinum

Main shower head: Delta Addison RP61265RB

Main shower lever: Delta Victorian T17T055-RB

Hand Shower: Delta Victorian 75520RB

Hand shower lever: Delta Victorian T17255

Comments (11)

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

appletini...

Lovely...I really like the contrasting elements you've got going on. The vanity is really nice and one that I considered as well. Great job!

KA:)

• minette99
    13 years ago

Beautiful! I love the marble bench and shower floor and also the subways. (I just did subways, too!) It all looks so restful, calm and pretty. Enjoy it! :)

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

5 X 11 is large compared to our MB! :-) It's amazing how much more usable a vanity makes a bathroom isn't it?

Your renovated bathroom looks great!

• semi
    13 years ago

Beautiful, it is calm and serene and you must love it! What a great transformation.

That color is perfect with the marble. Add that one to my inspiration list!

Thanks for sharing it. How long did the reno take?

Semi:

• heidi877
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Semi,

The contractor said it would 1.5 weeks, so I was thinking it would be 3 weeks but it was 4 weeks. He's great at his job but a terrible time estimator. Although we were out of town the fri-sun of the first week and I forgot to leave the key under the mat for him so that slowed things down. Other days depending on what he was doing it wasn't always a full day. I'm so glad it is done and that I have a clean house again...I had no idea that everything would be so dirty and dusty.

• lilyluv
    13 years ago

Appletini,
    Your new bath looks great! I love the color on the walls and your tile work. We, too, are now in the middle of a remodel/addition. We are adding on a master suite. Like you, I choose the Delta Victorian faucets, handles, etc. for the bath. But I choose the bright chrome color. We are in week 10 of a "8 to 10" week project, but I know we still have two more weeks at least! Can't wait to get my life back to normal. Glad to hear it does actually come to an end. Enjoy your new bath!

• heidi877
    Original Author
    13 years ago

lilyluv, yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I was actually jealous that my husband got to take the first shower in our new bathroom, but I enjoy it everytime I walk in there. Sometimes I just stand in the doorway and stare.

I love the delta victorian collection, I installed in our guest bathroom as well a few years ago. and all of our doorknobs throughout the house are ORB, so I wanted to keep everything "matching".

• karena_2009
    13 years ago

Hi appletini,

I just saw this thread. Can you tell me about CSN stores? I've never heard of them before. Are they a brick and mortar store or an Internet store? Maybe it's an eastern store? I see that you bought the vanity top and sink from them. Does the top only fit the Pegagus vanity or will it fit other 48 inch vanities? I really like the square sink, too.

Great job on your bathroom remodel choices!

• heidi877
    Original Author
    13 years ago

karena,

CSN stores is an internet store and they have tons of stuff. The top will fit other 48 inch vanities. They have great customer service. The mirror arrived with a break in the corner of the glass and they gave me a full refund. They said I could just throw it away but it was so pretty I just couldnt bring myself to do that so a friend helped me to replace the mirror glass. I went to Lowe's and had another piece cut and my friend replaced it for me.

• Mick Mick
    13 years ago

Very nice! I love the colors!

• karena_2009
    13 years ago

Thanks appletini! Getting a vanity with the pre-fabricated counter top really does save a lot of money. It's something that DH and I would like to find for our hall bathroom remodel.

Cheers and thanks for the pictures of your lovely bathroom!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!