Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sugarmaple_gw

Neoangle shower - towels go where?

sugarmaple
10 years ago

We installed a neangle shower but now we're not sure where to put the towels for an easy reach from within the shower. We don't want a free standing one for fear it will tip and break the shower glass wall. The shower has a vertical handle on the outside of the door but it isn't big enough to put a towel through it. We thought about some sort of hook or bar with suction cups but that wouldn't look good from the other side of the glass. We love the shower - it was worth the self installation (says she whose husband did all the work!). Does anyone have this sort of shower? What did you do? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks, Colleen.

Comments (7)

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

There are Command Hooks by 3M that are specifically for wet places. They come in a couple different styles and sizes and are available in a metal look not just white. You can remove them easily w/o damage to anything. If you don't like looking at it from the inside of the shower, hey, you could mount one there too.

-Babka

• sugarmaple
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Babka. I think we'll look into this. Colleen

• enduring
    10 years ago

would a small bench work out?

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

In our old bathroom the room for the towel bars was not near the tub/shower, so we just took the towel off the bar and put it on the floor right outside the shower door.

In our next place we want heated towel bars and in one of the bathrooms the best place for it is not within arms reach of the shower so we will probably do the same thing. Keep them where it works best for drying and esthetically. (I wouldn't want to cover a glass shower enclosure with damp towels) and just put them on the floor on the bathmat ready to be picked up when we are done in the shower.

• FmrQuahog
    10 years ago

By any chance, is your toilet located in a separate small room (a true WC)? I ask because that's where we chose to mount our bath towel (24 inch) bars after our master bathroom reno, which included a shower bump-out and reallocation of previous wall space.
    I can post a pic if you like; it's a very clean install and great use of space.

• attofarad
    10 years ago

How high it the top of the glass? You could add a robe hook to hang a towel from as you get into the shower. The towel probably wouldn't look good hanging there all the time, so you'd still need somewhere to hang it while not in the shower.

Here is a link that might be useful: clip on the glass top robe hook

This post was edited by attofarad on Fri, Jun 14, 13 at 0:01

• sugarmaple
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We don't have a separate room for the toilet. It's actually a very interesting floor plan. We took a small bathroom - just a toilet, small vanity sink and a shower (all in a row) - and tore down the wall where the door was in order to expand the bathroom into the great room area. What makes it an interesting floor plan is that on the other side of the shower was a chimney so the original bathroom floor plan could not expand through that. Where we expanded into the great room, we were hindered by the closet in the bedroom on the other side of the wall. A good way to describe this is to take two pieces of paper and put them together edge to edge. Then, take one and slide it about a quarter of the way up. This is our floor plan.
    What we've been doing with the towels now is to move them onto a chair and place the chair by the shower door. We can't leave the chair because the bathroom door would hit it when opening. We can put the towels on the back of the bathroom door but, in order to reach the towel, we'd have to leave the door open. I would post pictures but my computer tells me that I have no more storage to download anything.