Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toto Toilet Heights

Posted by jeannie01 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 29, 10 at 10:13

I think I have Toto TMI syndrome !!

All the information is getting scrambled together !

Can someone clarify Toto heights and suggest typical heights that are being used by the normal homeowner.

I've seen comfort height mentioned and also ADA, don't know if they are one in the same or totally different.

My last house I had low profile - which I know I definately do not want in my new home. I want a taller toilet but not one that leaves my feet dangling!! haha.. I'm 5'2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toto Toilet Heights

I don't recall if the Soiree is described as being Comfort Height or ADA. I think there is a difference.

We have the Soiree in two bathrooms at the moment, soon to be three. I am 5'3" and it's not too high for me. It does take a little bit of getting used to (the taller height), but not overly so. It's obviously more noticeable when I'm barefoot, or in just socks--when I'm wearing sneakers for ex., my feet reach better, and I can probably have my feet flat on the floor. W/out shoes, my heels probably don't touch the floor. Definitely not dangling though.

The trade-off for the knees and legs is worth it IMO (not much of an issue now, but could be as I move to the other side of 50!).

o

IMHO, Comfort height is perfect! ADA is a bit high for people under 5'4". My MIL had hers changed, she couldn't adjust to not being able to touch the floor. Comfort is much easier to get on & off too!

o

I believe Comfort Height is a trademarked term used by Kohler for their toilets. They are ADA compliant and from what I've seen, close to the same as Toto's ADA compliant toilets in terms of height from edge of bowl to floor. ADA allows for a variance between 16.5" and 18" in height from the floor and still be ADA. Normal is 14-15". So if you are short, you should look for the bowl height off the floor and not specifically just by the ADA label because of the approved height range of over 2 inches.

o

is their 'comfort' height the normal height of other toilets?

at 5' I can tell you that with a broken kneecap getting up/down on the pot is TORTURE! lol! mine is the normal hght of one from the 70's.

o

If you are 5' tall, you won't want a ADA toilet. Not without a step!

o

Yikes ... I never even though about the HEIGHT of a toilet! Interesting predicament when one of us is just over 5 feet and the other is 6'4".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here