Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help needed for Bathroom/Closet layout

Posted by Peteley (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 10:07

We are trying to finalize our floor plan so we can start to build our forever home. We live on a 40 acre farm with southern exposure. The bathroom is in the Northeast corner.

I've spent so much time on the kitchen layout that I have neglected our bathroom. I think the bathroom is in need of help because the toilet is so far away from the vanity.

It might be helpful to mention that this is the master bathroom but we need to have access for visitors because it’s the only bathroom on the main floor. We thought about adding a small bathroom but we’re trying to maintain a small footprint. We’ll have another full bathroom in the walkout basement and we also have a full bathroom in the shed for use when we’re outside. I’m fine if the closet needs to be changed up as well.

One final thing to mention is that my husband wakes up at 4am for work, so I thought the closet in between the bedroom and bathroom would allow me to sleep in.

I’m hoping you have some suggestions for our bathroom/closet layout!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help needed for Bathroom/Closet layout

I too like the idea of keeping light from the bathroom out of the bedroom. I think your plan looks okay ( I am no expert!)
I think you could add that small powder room and keep the small footprint. When you share a master bathroom with company, your bathroom and closet are on display. Also, with two doors into the bathroom, people are always locking and unlocking two doors to use the bathroom and children don;t always remember to open both doors.
By taking a small space from your master closet, you could add a small powder room off the hall way. Someone else may have other ideas as to whether this will work. Pocket doors would help.

o
RE: Help needed for Bathroom/Closet layout

Thanks for the suggestion. That layout would work out nice and still have room for a decent size closet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here