Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identifying the hardware on my shower door

Posted by jpherron (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 12 at 9:30

I have a 60" shower door in a new house. The door is in good condition, but I don't like the brass color, so I'd like to change the hardware to chrome or nickel. The difficulty so far is in identifying the hinges that are on the door. They're larger than the CR Laurence ones that seem prevalent, at about 4 3/4", and they only swing one way.

I've included an image URL to see if anyone here happens to know what kind of hinges these are, or where I might find replacements. Any help?

Here is a link that might be useful: Shower Door picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identifying the hardware on my shower door

If you can't find hardware to match the existing holes/cuts in the glass -- you could consider getting the existing hardware electroplated in a new finish. How are you going to change the frame? Are they going to remove the glass and reinstall it? That would be great.

o
RE: Help identifying the hardware on my shower door

The plan is to swap out the channel, header, handle, and hinges for another finish, but have the exact same glass/configuration.

Thanks for the advice on the electroplating! I hope I can just find replacements, but I'll give that a shot if I need to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here