Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does this sound right, Marble install of countertop

Posted by bullielove (cherij0411@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 9:28

HI

The counter top guys came out to measure when my vanity was in place, they wanted me to pull it out from the wall about 6 inches but I dont have a lot of room in my bathroom so i decided to have it set next to the wall. They came yesterday to install the marble top, they seemed to jam it into the wall on the right hand side, and told me "your wall is crooked so it wont slide in. I had my husband come look at it and he said yes the wall is crooked. So did they measure incorrectly? Shouldnt they have know the wall was crooked before they cut the top? Is there anything that I can do now? Should I have them cut a new piece to have it fit in there correctly or would that look odd? is is a 40 inch by 18 inch deep vanity.

Thanks
Cheri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does this sound right, Marble install of countertop

When the granite installers installed our kitchen countertop, they had to cut some of the drywall out in one place for the granite to fit. I assume because the wall was crooked. It didn't matter because we were tiling a backsplash so you'd never know anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here