Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
american standard vs kohler white

Posted by lcwp (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 9:12

I searched the different threads and couldn't find a definitive answer for this question...

What Kohler color is going to be CLOSEST to matching AS white?

Background: We just purchased an American Standard toilet in white. We want to get a matching bidet and like several models by Kohler. BUT, I noticed at Lowe's when we bought the toilet that the two "whites" (AS and Kohler) aren't the same: the AS white is a little less "white" than Kohler's white.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: american standard vs kohler white

I think if you line up 25 white American Standard toilets in white, then sneak in a Kohler in the middle, the difference in whites might jump out at you.

Once you get all of your bathroom elements in place, however, I don't think you will notice that the two whites don't match perfectly. I have so many different whites going on in different bathrooms, with different manufacturers on just about everything. They all read "white."

Choose the fixtures that suit your needs best and I'll bet you won't notice those whites.

o

I purchased a white Kohler tub and a white American Standard toilet for my bathroom remodel.

It didn't even dawn on me at the time that there could be 'different' whites until I put the toilet next to the tub.

The more I stared at them, the more I noticed the difference in color, so I took the toilet back and purchased a Kohler.

If you didn't already install the toilet, I would take it back, or if you already installed it, maybe you have another bathroom in the house that has an older toilet and you can put the AS one in that other bathroom?

I know if I installed those two "different whites" in my bathroom, it would bother me every time I walked in.

I also don't know if Kohler has multiple shades of white. I just looked at their website and clicked on a few different toilets and I only see one "white" choice.

o

I stand corrected. Apparently, a noticeable difference when they are right next to each other. Here is a good thread on this subject. (Maybe you have seen it.)

Perhaps you could find a Toto bidet in Colonial White to get the whites closer if Toto Cotton White= American Standard white and Toto Colonial White=Kohler white. Smart of Toto to make both....

Here is a link that might be useful: different whites

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here