Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How can I hang a mirror over moulding?

Posted by seaswirl (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 13, 13 at 8:49

We went to check on the progress of our Hurricane Sandy wrecked house. Formerly, the bathrooms had large unframed mirrors from the light bar down to the vanity counter. Well, now the wall beadboard with moulding extends about 8" above the vanity counter and the light bar is about 12" above that. The full wall mirror is out and framed mirrors are in. How can I hang a framed mirror over the sink when the moulding sticks out about 1" from the wall?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How can I hang a mirror over moulding?

I think your measurements sound off. If the vanity is 33" and the wainscot rail is 41" that puts the lighting at 53" which is only 4-1/2 feet off the floor.

If the vanity is 36" it raises it all 3" but that still puts the lighting at under 5 feet off the floor. This can't be correct, or if it is the lighting is in the wrong place.

o

DH added two wood filler pieces 1" square, painted wall color, to hang DD2s MBath mirrors over wainscot. You can see an end in last picture. If this bothers you, the filler piece can be made shorter.

Here is a link that might be useful: DD2 MBath Remodel

This post was edited by allison0704 on Thu, Jun 13, 13 at 12:10

o

A pivot mirror will bridge the wainscot trim:

photo pivotmirror_zps937d8fc3.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here