Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with non-geometic tile layout please

Posted by deedles (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 12 at 8:47

It's getting to be close to MBR finishing time and I have a floor tile question:

We're using pebble tile from Stratastone for the floor. My design idea is to have white unglazed pebbles
Photobucket with a 'meandering river' of green/blue glazed pebbles through the center of the floor.

Photobucket

Trying to figure out the best way to layout a non-geometric type of pattern like this? And then, how do I transfer that to the underlayment so it can be seen by the tile installer as there will be a mesh heat mat on top of the underlayment. Can I use a black sharpee marker or is there something else? Thanks

Also, does one need to seal the unglazed pebbles as with regular tile?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with non-geometic tile layout please

Did the tile setter bid on a complicated pattern? this is not something to spring on them when they walk in the door.

Instead of marking it on the floor, mark out the dimensions of the floor onto cardboard (old boxes), create the stream pattern on that with the whole and partial sheets, and have the tiler move the tile sheets to the bathroom to lay them.

Do it close to the bathroom, of course.

You can use bits of hot glue to hold stray pebbles into place on the sheets.

o
RE: Help with non-geometic tile layout please

That sounds like a good idea. I did tell the estimator guy about the pattern and showed him the tile, so that shouldn't be a surprise to them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here