Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you match Cambria Torquay with Carrara Tile?

Posted by Azure5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 8:14

I am redoing my bathroom and have a quartz Torquay countertop along with dark cherry vanities. I am thinking of getting Carrara tiles to use as a backsplash as well as for the tub/shower area. I have been told that these two clash and shouldn't be used together, but they seem to be a great match, in my opinion. Does anyone have any advice on this subject?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you match Cambria Torquay with Carrara Tile?

Torquay is predictably patterned but every carrara tile will be different. I just unboxed a carrara countertop that is almost entirely smoke gray, with only 2 veins of cream. If you have laid out your tile in your space and they look good in that room with the light, then go for it. Hey, I'm putting a $700 polished brass faucet on my little slab of carrara. Nobody does that, either. But in my house, in my space, it's gonna work.

o

Having lived with Torquay in the kitchen and pantry for two years now, I'd say no. How about using a shaped tile, like hex to add interest? I'd definitely use a solid color.

Good luck!

o

If you have a full mirror above the vanity, then can continue the Caesarstone onto a 4" backsplash. Otherwise, may want to consider other options. You may find inspiration in a similar thread on the Kitchen forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Does marble backsplash match Torquay

o

Here's another idea for a backsplash to go with your Cambria Torquay counter. I saw a curved glass mosaic backsplash used with a marble countertop in the master bedroom of a luxury home. I don't know the vendor for the backsplash.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here