Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bill V and others - about grout colorant

Posted by deee (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 7:45

Bill- You have often posted links to another board to a message called "the secret to removing grout colorant from tile". The link does not work any longer and I have searched the site in vain trying to find the message.

Will you post another link or copy and paste the message here? Also, if anyone else can post the "secret" that would be great. Thank you so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bill V and others - about grout colorant

I wish I could. The site was sold a few years ago, and then new owners, although they did archive many of the threads from the original floorstransformed site, this thread was not one of them. I even emailed them and asked them if there was any way to retrieve it, and sited the several dozens of times I'd already referenced it, and planned to in the future, but was told so sad, too bad, buh bye.

Basically, what it comes down to is that so long as we're talking ceramic tile (and not stone), you don't have to be super careful with the colorant. Paint the grout joints with it, and let it dry for about 10-15 minutes. Then take a white "doodlebug" pad (pretty much a white softer version of the green scotch pads you use for cleaning pots and pans, and can be found in the tile aisle of the box stores) and scrub the excess of the edges of the tile, and wipe the water up. With some colors, it may take two applications.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here