Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Everybody Loves Marble Tile

Posted by enduring (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 6:14

I would like to share some images of a marble installation. I hope you will enjoy these as much as I do.

I took these pictures where I work. This is one of our group rooms. It started life as a surgery room in about 1918 or so, and used as such until around 1970. I have always loved this room. Acoustics are not the best. Note the match booked "tiles". All of the walls are clad in this marble. Loving care still takes place here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Everybody Loves Marble Tile

Wow--those look great, even after all these years!

o

wow, so pretty.

I have a hunk of marble that a lady was giving away free years ago. We went to her house, her outside shed was FULL of marble. We took a pretty big hunk, similar to one of the ones you show. Turns out it was from the DuPont building in Wilmington--her father was one of the men who took them down from the walls when they did a big renovation.

I like seeing your picture because it really gives me an idea of what my hunk looked like when it was on the wall.

o

Bee, I bet you could hardly contain your self with that treasure trove of marble. I would be going crazy with ideas of trying to use more. Glad you enjoyed seeing this installation.

I grew up near this hospital and years later returned to the area and have been working there since 88. I am very attached to these bits of history. There is a bathroom down the hall that has brownish red granite. It wasn't too long ago that the stalls were made out of wood from the early century.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then in the early 50's they added a wing with bathrooms like this, updated with a hand rail of course:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I took these pictures several months ago to get ideas for tile layout.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here