Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
brand new shower handle is leaking

Posted by supaflyz (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 14, 14 at 1:08

Hello guys, I'm new to the bathroom forum. I have been an active member in the plants forum. I have a question to ask regarding a new shower handle leaking. It only leaks when the water is turning on when I take a shower.
A brief story. The house is around 11 years old. The shower has leak before when everything was turn off. I got tired of it so I decided to change it to a standing shower. I bought a Delta shower head and handles from home depot.
Everything was done today. I took a shower when I went home and the handle was leaking when the water is turn on. It doesn't leak anymore when the water is turn off.

It is a brand new shower faucet. The guy that did the shower for me don't know what is the problem either.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: brand new shower handle is leaking

From what part of the shower is the leak coming?

o

From the actual handle. I notice it doesn't leak when I'm not using the shower head. When I pull the lever up to take the shower it starts to leak. Just turning the water on it doesn't leak. It leak a lot at first and then after a few minutes its only a few drops.
Should I return this faucet to get a new one?

o

Any help guys?

o

Contact the manufacturer, but it sounds like a bad seal of some kind.

o

Is this a bathtub where you are pulling the handle to move the water from filling the bath tub to the shower?

I've seen that a lot in hotel showers.

Otherwise, if it is a dedicated shower control, YES, take it back and complain.

-Babka

o

You say you bought the shower head and handles, but you didn't mention the valve. Did that get replaced? Do you have access to the plumbing behind the wall?

o

Ok I got it fix. I return that one and got a new one exact same model. The water didn't leak anymore. He told me there was something wrong with the valve.

o

try some clear silicon to prevent the leak.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here