Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curbless shower, frameless shower sliding door

Posted by lalitha (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 12 at 1:07

Is this even possible? Our shower is 6ft x 44in. Kerdiboard on all 3 sides. The entire bath floor will be hot mopped. The drain in the Curbless shower is in the side that will have the fixed glass. I prefer a sliding glass door as that will make the access to the towel rod on the wall easier and I really want to avoid tracks on the floor (the whole reason we went with Curbless shower. I would love to see some pictures if you have seen something like this

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curbless shower, frameless shower sliding door

Of course you can do this. Google John Whipple Vancouver, he's a very knowledgeable Canadian contractor who builds lots of curbless showers. He's the internet go-to resource for what you're describing. He has a blog and his own website, also lots of photos on Houzz.

o

Now that I think about it some more, you must at least have a bar across the top of a sliding door.

o

If you use a trench drain, hot mopping cannot be used for waterproofing. Instead, you will need to use either a Kerdi like or a painted on membrane.

o

Yes, it is possible. here is one called hydroslide. we have one over a tub but that was not its intended use.

Here is a link that might be useful: hydroslide

o

Thanks or the ideas.

Davidtay - we are not using a trench drain. We are using standard drain by ebbe.

Dianne47- I don't mind the top bar.. Just don't want to deal with the bottom track cleaning.

Pharaoh - I looked at the hydro slide link and it looks like there is a track in the bottom.. Or maybe I am not understanding how it is installed.

o

There is no track at the bottom.

The fixed panel can be installed with clamps or channel.

The moving panel has a small metal bump to keep the water in. We replaced it with a clear plastic piece. I think it can be eliminated depending on your installation and experience once the door is installed.

o

I hear you on wanting the trackless bottom, those sliding shower door tracks are a royal pain. Good luck on your search.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here