Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
why do so few people post pics of their finished bathrooms?

Posted by gibby3000 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 0:43

I was wondering why there are so few finished bathroom posts here - compared with all the kitchens for example. Granted maybe there are fewer people in Bathrooms than Kitchens but still very few people post pics of their finished bathroom projects. It can't be that there are that many other people like me - who keep pondering and assessing and analyzing and never actually get anything done.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: why do so few people post pics of their finished bathrooms?

I'm going to post 3 finished bathrooms in a few weeks, come hell or high water!

o

Unostentatiousness? Hey, ..... it's possible.

Joe

o

I posted our guest bathroom when we completed it and hope to be posting pics of the others sooner rather than later. Both main floor bathrooms are in-progress, one more "progressed" than the other, but still a ways away!

o

I never did a formal posting because I'm posting pics of it all the time. While we love it, I just figured others might be sick of seeing it. :c)

o

I would love to see any and all pictures of your bathrooms. I think it's very helpful to see what others are doing. I'm sure everyone remembers to check the Gallery?

o

I check the gallery at least once a week hoping that someone has posted. I never get tired of seeing pictures. And I'm sorta new here. I probably haven't seen yours if it was before March. I was deep in a kitchen remodel before that. I wish everyone would post more pictures. My remodel is scheduled for July. I have most of it planned but I'm always interested in new ideas.

My ongoing problem today is choosing the thermobalance shower guts. I've looked at them on eBay but I never know for sure what else I need. I don't know if it's smart to buy now and after it gets here try to get whatever else I need. My afterthought is a hand held so I can rinse the walls. I'll have a walk in this time and I think size does matter!

o

LOL Joe.

I have posted my "Out-Of-Africa" master bath and my "Equestrian" powder room...cause that is how I roll!!! I notice the professional pictures look so awesome...mine don't look so good from a cell phone. I am tempted to invest in a professional photographer when I complete a room...kind of a nice way to celebrate!!!

o

We've moved away from pondering, assessing and analyzing and are a little stuck on "not quite getting finished". We have about 15% left to finish up. I can't wait to post my bathroom re-do pics. Hopefully in a few weeks.

o

maybe other people have the trouble I'm having. The space is narrow,and the light bounces off the tile making it hard to take pictures, unlike most kitchens?
lulckiirish, i never tire of seeing your pics, I love your bathroom, and in fact, your paint inspired me, I am trying BM Healing Aloe as I write (waiting for coat to dry), Not sure I love it, still deciding if a beige would work better.
...here's mine in progress
alt="Photobucket">
alt="Photobucket">
alt="Photobucket">
Photobucket

o
Why do so few people post pics of their finished bathrooms?

There are many reasons why;

My thoughts on this subject

1). One reason is that many people who write within these pages are a single trade and don't get to see the finished product.

2). Many questions here I'm sure are posted by alias accounts and friends - designed to start conversations and ask good questions that they have the answers too.

3). Many of your experts are in fact retired and not working anymore.

4). People are too afraid to share their work and have it "%^&*" on - when they in fact love it!

5). People are lazy. To lazy to learn. To cheap to pay for advice. Lets get free advice and move on - "I have a tee off time at 4:00". They get the advise and we don't see them again.

"Who gives you your advice? Ask for their business number. Ask for their WCB number. Ask for their insurance companies letter of insurance. Ask to meet them. Ask them to send you a picture of their last job."

"Is your expert an expert or a bored retired Accountant from Indy?"

Good Questions.

Many of you know me quite well. I have seen a picture of Bill in his shop and still to this day can not find a stich of info on Mongo. Bill and Mongo offer up solid advice every day here. Within these pages it is their voice that stands tall. I ask you to question the source of any other advice - mine included!

Don't ask the "Box" dude. I just saved a guy from buying a $120.00 Freud Ripping Blade because that was the advice he was given beside me.... Here is what he asked "I need to build from stairs for my deck. I have to cross cut some fir 2"x12"'s for my treads. I'm notching the treads into the stringers - "What's my best blade?"

So I ask you this...

"Is this the right blade for the job?"

"Should I shut my mouth and not give a %^&& and let the guy waste his money?"

"What would you do in my shoes - Yesterday?"

It was painfully obvious to me that this man had means and some expierence. He went to "Where the Builders buy" and got crap advise. This salesman is a great guy - I enjoy our cooler talk. That said I would sooner ask my 4 year the same question. They are both equally quailfied to answer it for me......

o

John, you tend to get really off topic.

o

My bathroom is really hard to capture because it's very narrow and small... old, old homes like mine have tiny baths! Also, not completely finished -- a few things need tweaking... I'll post more close ups of things on a separate thread.

The blurry photo on the far wall is Notre Dame in Paris (b/w). The view is from the corner of the street of the apartment where I was staying on my last trip.

The thing in the floor next to the toilet is the radiator connector. I removed the gigantor one that was there (original to the house) and will be replacing it with a smaller, slimmer unit.

The paint in BM "silver mist" that looked gray on the chip but it's reading blue so I might change the paint... not sure yet, but I originally wanted a light gray

Photobucket

o

I've noticed that in the last year or so. When we were doing our remodel (and yes, my pictures have been posted over and over an OVER again) :( but you hardly ever see posted finished baths anymore. I thought maybe it was the economy and there just simply aren't as many bathrooms being built/remodeled.
Monica

o

Massagerocks:

Great bathroom!!!! Can you tell me what your topped your tile baseboards with? I'm debating whether to do tile or wood baseboards in my bath remodel.

Also what tile did you use in your shower and on floor?

Thanks, Jani

o

massagerocks: thank you so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it. You're bathroom looks fantastic, I have similar flooring in our powder room. It was here when we moved in. Take my advise please, if you haven't sealed it yet, do so as soon as possible. Once marble etches (which our is) it's a lost cause.

BM Healing Aloe is a gorgeous color and should contrast with the browns and creams in your room really well. Once it's up though, if you're still not happy with it, try a lighter gray that has a blue tint to it as opposed to a blue with a gray tint. I would stay away from the beiges, I just don't think they'd do the room justice and the cooler colors will give you the spa feeling I think you're going for. We used SW Sea Salt, it's a light gray too (even though you can't tell in the pics) So far though I love the choices you've made, it's beautiful!

Minette: Great job, I know getting pictures is hard, I'm having the same problem. Love the choices you've made though, it's beautiful and I like the gray/blue.

Well I usually post old pics, but here's some newer ones but first this is how it looked for the first 3 years we were here, it was an out of service Jack & Jill:
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

entry view:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

cabinetry (93 inches worth)

Close up of paint color which doesn't photo well
Photobucket

Interior

Wall feature

Niche & shelf

Floor & Noir Travertine bench

The 2nd Jack & Jill door is gone

Granite - Note the shamrock :c)

Granite curb - Per Bills Recommendation and he was so right! :c)

Lighting - a compromise - could not turn down the 22.00 price tag :c)

Hardware:
Photobucket

Well, thanks for being so nice and letting me post them (again) we love it!

o

lukkirish -- Wonderful! Really lovely! The shower looks amazing. And that vanity is a beautiful piece of real estate!

o

minette99: very pretty bathroom, I love your accent tile.
Lukkiirish: Yes, we did seal the Marble, but it already had a few spots on it, contractor tried really hard to remove them, but I still notice them. Is your vanity custom made? it's beautiful! thank you for the reassuring words regarding the paint. I hate painting, lol. Tried sea salt, it looks so pretty in your bathroom, but was just too pale green in my bath. Just finished the second coat of Healing Aloe, it looks okay, will try to post pics later, but like your paint, it doesnt photo true. It was much grayer on the paint chip than on my wall :( What's putting me off is that there isn't any color in the bathroom other than beige/brown and I'm thinking there should be some blue somewehere that the paint picks up on? Your paint seems to play off the floor and your beautiful marble.

Jani: Our tile came from The Tile Shop. Shower is an inexpensive ceramic cuz I hate cleaning grout and showers. I loved every stone I looked at, but doing our shower in stone was well over our budget. We spent the money on the floors instead. Our next makeover on the list is the guest bathroom. I'm doing the floor in ceramic, there were so many really pretty ceramics, I especially fell in love with both the gray and multi-color slate look-alikes.
Shower walls: ceramic Augusta Marfil (12 X 18)
Shower Floor: marble Emperador Light Mosaic (set on diagonal)
Floor Tile: marble Cafe Emperador
The marble tile baseboards just have paintable caulk on top I believe. I painted right over it up to the marble edge.

o

Massagerocks -- thank you! And I have shower envy looking at yours -- so BIG! And so very pretty! I love both floors -- the shower and the floor tile -- so very rich and warm!

o

Massagerocks, Our cabinets are semi-custom. They were just too big for anything standard, so we ordered them through the kitchen department at Home Depot. Other than full custom, that was the most feesible way to do it.

You're right SW Sea Salt doesn't photo well. It's not blue or green at all but a very light gray. The thing is, it has blue green undertones so depending on lighting or what's in the room it will take on a blue or green tint.
Actually, I didn't know it would go on so light, my intent was to just pull a blue gray that is in some of the tiles and this was the closest match. Everyone was telling me I should just do cream or beige, but I wanted contrast. Our contractor thought I was crazy until he saw it up. :c)

If you like color and want contrast, the color you have or a nice gray will offer you that. If you decide to try something else, with the elements you have in the room, I'd probably go with something like BM Pewter or maybe a shade darker than Pewter because you can always bring in shades of blue with your towels and accessories. I know painting is the pits, but don't compromise with your color, find a shade that you absolutely love.

Marble? Are you referring to the counter? After all the etching in our powder room, I was too scared to use Marble, the counter is granite. We wanted to just buy a remnant but once again the counter was too big. ugh...cha ching...

Glad to hear you sealed the marble, I wish the PO of our house had. :c( It sure is pretty in your bathroom! BTW, I love the basketweave! It's one of my favorites. :c)

o
RE bathroom response

Minnette - thank you! Yes, the vanity is massisve isn't it! Hey what material is your counter top? Is that Blue Pearl?

o

massagerocks:

Thanks so much for the info on the tiles.

Jani

o

lukkirish ~ yes, the vanity top is Blue Pearl!
And it's 66 inches smaller than yours :) :) :)

o

Oh I'm so glad a few people posted pics. I can see that the issue might be that some bathrooms are smaller and hard to photograph. But even if that's the case the pictures are great and very helpful - even if it's just a shot through the door like minette's.

o

" I have seen a picture of Bill in his shop and still to this day can not find a stich of info on Mongo."

So how does a thread asking for photos of finished bathrooms segue into you becoming an internet stalker? lol

I'd tell you more about my background and professional resume right now, but the school bell just rang. Study hall is over and I have to get to gym class.

o

I really wanted to see more bath photos when I was designing mine and there aren't that many. While I love the high budget bathrooms I also really like to see the small budget ones. And the really small budget ones. Seeing the small budget ones helps with ideas for updating bathrooms.

I like seeing the same pictures in multiple threads. Especially when it answers the question the poster asks and many times it brings out elements I didn't notice before. Most posters here notice more details than I do. :) I've posted mine in several threads and I hope people aren't bothered by it.

lukkiirish, love your bathroom! Your granite and cabinetry are so pretty.

massagerocks, I love yours too! The marble floor and the shower floor are gorgeous. I have SW Rainwashed in my master bathroom and it is hard to photograph also and it's a shame because it's so pretty.

minette99, I just commented on your bathroom on another thread. You have a small space and turned it into a jewel box with the blue colors and prettiness. :)

I think I'll post both of mine again, just for grins. :-)
#1 bath

Photobucket

#2 bath

Photobucket

o

thanks sundownr! I've seen your pics before, thanks for posting them again! :c) You did a great job! I'm in the planning stages of our final bathroom remodel for the main bath. You're so lucky you're done already!

o

Thanks, lukkiirish! Looking back it was smart to do them at the same time. Not so smart while "in the moment" with having to share the old master bath. With 2 teenagers. That shower for hours on end. Late at night. In our bedroom. And we all had to leave the house at the same time each morning. :-)

o

Thanks sundownr ~ your 2 baths are amazing and gorgeous! All that marble is awesome! And I so envy the space! Yes, mine is teeeny! But you're right, I feel like I made a jewel box! It serves its function well and its pretty, however tiny!
But I sooo envy your space and all that marble! YUM!!

o

I think for most people it is hard to take pictures in a small space.
Or,
it is hard to get pictures to show it they way it seems to them.
So,
they are disappointed in not being able to show what they are proud of.
Then they don't post pictures.
Hope this answers the OP question.

o

I wouldn't say posting a photo is ostentatious. No more so that posting photos of your $100K kitchen remodel. People are visual creatures and it helps immensely to see what others have done, whether or not you can afford to duplicate it.

Yes, please MORE finished bathrooms!

o

Here's mine;

Master Bath

Masterbath

Master Bath

Shower

Shower

His & Her closets and bath

Master Bath

Masterbath

o

I haven't posted pics of mine because it isn't close to be done yet. LOL ;)

Love seeing pics of everyone's bathrooms.

o

joylynna -- your bathroom is stunning! Love everything!! The faucets are beautiful. I love the subways... gorgeous cabinets and the light fixtures are perfect! Floor is beautiful! I especially love the big space!! Are the counters and tub deck soapstone? All gorgeous -- enjoy it!

o

I also have still not finished my bathroom. I'm to the "well... everything is mostly functional" stage where I'm trying to catch up on all of the other work I have to do before I finish things like mirrors, towel bars, new GFI outlet, painting door stops, etc. I fully intend to share pictures when I have completed the project.

o

Ohh, Jolynna, I love your bath. Please give us a rundown on the various materials and the fixtures you used. It all came together beautifully!

I've tried to coordinate a black/white scheme for two baths side by side, which can be closed off and used as one master, or a portion of it left separate when there are guests. That is the next big project, but only if I can get the contractor to finish the bumpout for a clawfoot tub in another bathroom first.

I'm bathroom poor, you might say. Only the smallest is almost finished. When the dust settles, I hope to post pictures in the gallery.

o

I want Jolynna's bath!

o

I have mainly lurked here but have found so much valuable information. Since I haven't participated in the forum much I was not going to start an entire thread on my bathroom plus the smaller part of my bathroom is hard to photograph but this is a great thread so I'll add mine to it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Lukkiirish - I've been looking for lights in the satin finish and really haven't seen anything as pretty as yours.

Can you please tell me the brand and style number? Where did you purhcase yours?

o

jeannie01, thanks so much! I honestly don't know what brand they are, I found them at Costco! And the kicker is, they were only 22.00 each. Those lights were my best bargain and quality seems pretty good. I thought they were pretty, but liked them even more once they were up.

It's been a while since I bought these so they don't have them anymore. However, the other day I saw one at our Costco thats more contemporary in design and it's in the satin finish too.

o

Here are a few of mine that i posted earlier. However it is really hard to get good shots because the room is so small.

Shower:
Open Shower

Half wall by toilet:
View from Shower

Cabinets:
Both Vanities and Linen Cabinet

Floor:
Tile Floor

o

The the pebble/stone floors int he shower easy to clean? I'm thinking of using them but I am worried with all my "girly" products, shave cream, moisturizer, scrubs, etc. that the excess product will get between the stones and will just "stick" there.

o

jeannie01- I haven't had that problem per se. I use a very thick conditioner that sometimes if it's the last thing I do in the shower, I can feel it underfoot, so I just make sure I slosh the water around to rinse it down. We squeegee the 4 walls and a little on the floor and I rarely need to use cleaner (it's mostly soap in there) and we don't use bar soap and I have forbidden DH from all his pink hair products :-)

Some Pics of mine:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Pottery Barn vanity, mirrors, faucets, lights.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here is the link to mine 3 baths, 2 are VERY difficult to photograph, size wise.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pepperidge Farm

o

I think part of the reason people don't post is because GW makes it so difficult to post photos. But once someone surmounts that hurdle, I think there's probably a privacy concern, plus that cringe moment when the poster considers opening him/herself up to less-than-enthusiastic responses to a project she's poured her heart into.

Just a guess.

So many nice pictures in this thread.

lukkiirish, I adore your slate!

Anyway, I've posted my hall and master baths in the past. Here's another look. The hall bath is long and narrow and hard to photograph. Clicking on the photos will take you to the Picasa album.

From Hall bath

o

I hadn't been here in a few days, all I can say is wow, these bathrooms are definitely drool worthy!!! So many cool ideas and colors!

Thanks annkatheryn! I appreciate it, we love it too! :c)

o

Thanks so much for your kind words Minnette, Moccasins & Techiestar! My bathroom was the hardest room of my house for me so your words mean a lot.

Minnette, my tub deck and vanity counter are leathered Jet Mist Granite. We used it for my kitchen counters and in our fireplace front too. I love soapstone, but thought granite would be more bulletproof. So far it has been. Nothing seems to show.

Moccasins,

Here are the details:

Mouser Cabinets, tub surround & mirrors
Artic White American Olean tiles for shower & chair rail
Rejuvenation lights over vanity (Halfway)
Danze Opulence faucets and hardware
Carrara Marble basketweave tile floor

o

Back in 1994, my husband and I bought our first house. It had been a rental property in a cute neighborhood by the university. However, it has sat vacant for 3 years. We were not allowed to live in it after purchase until some things were taken care of.
We took out a $10,000 home improvement loan (in addition to mortgage) to renovate the whole house (including furnace)with what had to be done and things we wanted to do.
Unfortunately, I dont have too many "before" photos.
"Off peach" tile ran halfway up the walls, the subfloor was rotted under the tub as well as window frame, every piece of wood, wallboard etc has coats and coats of different colors of paint. Of coarse, we ran into things we didn't expect, so we really had to watch the budget.
We did everything ourselves, except the electrical (new 4 plug outlet in bath at vanity, GFCI outlet by sink, and venting/exhaust fan in bath), new furnace, and refinishing hardwood floors. We even replaced bathroom floor joists. It was truly a labor of love.

Bath layout-Not to scale. It was small.
bathroom layout

rotted subfloor and floor joists where tub was
rotted sub-floor and floor joists under tub

wall separating tub and vanity area that was rotted
half wall between tub and vanity area

Existing built in cabinet that had a horrible stink and 1000 layers of paint.
built in cabinet

All the wallboard (fron 1955) had to come out, as well as the "off Peach" wall tile.
All the wall board taken down

Joists and subfloor replaced and toilet and tub reinstalled. We went with a new toilet later but due to budget, kept the old original cast iron tub. HEAVY!
Joists replaced and new sub-floor
insullated and put in old tub

Got a new 4 plug outlet at vanity and gfci at sink (professionally installed)
New 4 plug outlet

Cement board and tape and bedding install.
Cement board backer for tub/shower

Is that a precision cut or what?
Is that a precision cut or what?
Learned how to tape and bed

Tub tile almost done
Tile work almost done around tub

My dad built these built ins. Doors not installed yet.
My dad made these built ins and the doors that are not up yet

Finished! Hard to get a good pic with all the angles.
Finished!
looking in towards vanity from doorway

o

I don't know how to post my pictures into the message. I only have been able to include a link. If someone can tell me how I will post mine. I'm very computer savvy but for some reason this task is baffling me!

o

You need to set up an account with photobucket.com or tinypic.com, up load your picture into it, when you do the site offers you different code for that picture to use with different program platforms, copy the HMTL code and paste it into the message box.

If you can't get it to work, just email me (address in my profile) and I'll be happy to help you with it.

o

So many great bathrooms. We are still under construction, but I will try to post pics when we're done. It is hard to get pics in bathroom b/c of the small spaced involved.

Photobucket

o

jolynna: can you tell me what kind of marble tile you used for your bathroom floor? Is that the carrera basket weave tile? What manufacturer did you go with? It looks really beautiful.

o

Thanks Lukkiirish for teaching me how to post pics. Here is my finished bathroom
Hall After 1

Hall after 2

o

Just figured out to post pictures! Thanks to this website for lots of helpful information. This was our 5 x 7 master bath transformed into a 5 x 13 master by taking over one of two closets in an adjoining guest bedroom.

Before: Shower
Photobucket

Before: Sink
Before- Sink

Before: Flourescent Lighting
Before-Lighting

Before: Linen Closet
Photobucket

After: Shower
After-Shower

After-Shower

After: Sink
After-Medicine Cabinets & Lighting
After-Sinks & Faucets

After: Linen Closet
After- Linen Closet

o

AnnKathryn, the teak bench in your shower is the same one I have, from Smith & Hawkins before they went out of business.
I too like all the teak benches, have two other styles as well. Plus some teak arm chairs which are very old now, not from S&H.

I love the way your shower looks.

o

Very nice! I'll bet you love the added space. The colors are very soothing.

o

lukkiirish, your bathroom is gorgeous! I love the floor - is that slate or a lookalike? And if so, do you remember the name of it?

o

I just posted mine ...debrak's finished master bath.

o

Debrak, you're pictures didn't show up. :c(
Do you know how to post pictures? Are you using the HTML code from photobucket or tinypic.com?

Sandsonik: Thank you so much, we've been so happy with it. :c) All of the tile work on the floor and in the shower is real slate and it's called Indian Autumn. It's less common than the popular multicolored slates but a lot of places still carry it.

o
sorry debrak!

Debrak! Sorry bout that, I saw your earlier post when you were having problems. Love the pics, Kudos to your DH, he did a great job, your bathroom looks fantastic!

If anyone is interested, here's the link to Debraks bathroom photos:

Here is a link that might be useful: Debraks new master bath

o

mg70, what paint color/brand is in your bathroom? i love it!

o

lukkiirish, thank you the the kinds works and posting the link!

Every bathroom posted here has something I like...too bad I only have 1 more bathroom to do.

o

You're welcome debrak, I know what you mean, we have 1 more bathroom to go too! Too many choices, too few bathrooms. :c)

o

Howling angel, I used Sherwin Williams Krypton

o

It is so nice to see so many pictures of beautiful bath re-models. We just bought a new (to us) home and need to gut 2 bathrroms.

mg70, could you please tell me the name of the stone you used for your counters? They are gorgeous!

o

Thanks kaysd. The counters are polished white carrera marble

o

Wow, all the bathrooms look great! I am thinking of remodeling my tub/ shower to just a shower. I am wondering if it is easy to keep clean the shower tiles and the glass doors? I live in Arizona where we have hard water. Any thoughts on materials I can use that are easy to keep clean?

Thanks!

o

gnlinaz -- My bathroom pic is posted up above - completed in May. Daily, I squegee the doors and then I quickly wipe the shower walls down with a wet sponge (no soap). That takes less than 5 minutes and works great and I haven't had any issues with water spots or filmy residue.

Weekly (or longer), I use a portable, hand steam cleaner to keep it clean and sparkly. The hand steamer works great, too -- I love the steam cleaner for the whole bathroom and I use it all over the room. It feels really clean after and looks sparkly without having to use a bunch of cleaning products. And it's kind of fun to use, too. But I don't have hard water so I don't know if this helps you or not...?

o

We finished this hall/guest bathroom two years ago and I never got around to posting pictures. You've now guilted me into it, plus given me a reason to clean the bathroom. :-)

We kept the footprint of the bathroom but replaced everything except the clawfoot tub (which we painted and refnished) and the beadboard.

We also did some minor upgrades to two other baths, which I will post as soon as I can. I know how helpful it was for me to look at pictures when I was going through the process.

Somewhere I have "before" photos..but suffice it to say, it was a mess. :-)

Like others have it, it was tough getting good pictures of such a small room.

I'll answer any questions the best I can.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

An older one of the floor:

Threshold

o
More RE: why do so few people post pics of their finished bathroo

Here's a full shot of the vanity.

Vanity and floor

o

Hi Aunttomichael,
Love what you did with your small space. I am soon moving on to my third bathroom and I am intrigued by your floor tile. I don't think I've seen it... can you tell me what you used?
Many thanks!

o

Great thread, thanks for sharing!

o

MG70,

What color are those walls?

o

aunttomichael- where did you find that vanity? I like it. Did it come with the top, etc.?

o

Sundownr!! I love the hardware on your first bathroom remodel. What is the manufacturer and style of those nickel? handles??

o

aunttomichael,
I love your vanity. It's exactly what I'm looking for. Could you please let me know where you purchased it? Thanks. Amy

o

buckeyegoldenmom, I bought the faucets many years ago at Home Depot. They are one of the few things I was able to reuse. They are Delta.

Beautiful bathrooms, mg70, chelsercat and aunttomichael!

o

atct86: Sherwin Williams Krypton

o

bump

o

Luvscritters, chinchette and southerngal--

Sorry I haven't checked this forum for awhile. You've probably all made your decisions by now but just in case:

The vanity is 24" Empire Malibu. If you do a search you'll see tons of pictures, but I'll link to one below.

The floor is Carrara marble hex. To deal with the step edge next to the tub, we put in a marble door threshold/saddle.

HTH

Aunttomichael

Here is a link that might be useful: Empire 24

o

Aunttomichael.....if you are still checking this string, love the pics of your bathroom. I am doing a bath reno with the same colors. I love the blue trim on your lamp shades....can you tell me the manufacturer of the fixture or did you purchase shades separately? Thanks!

o

We remodeled a tiny bathroom in our 1912 Craftsman home. We finished the bathroom to blend with the style in the rest of our home.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom Remodel Photos

o

Love all of these Bathroom photos! Thanks for posting!

I'm in the middle of planning 4 bathrooms myself. I think Ann Kathryn is correct about why people don't post. After all of your planning and hard work, it's difficult when people are less enthusiastic about your project, even when you know every single flaw yourself!

Posters need to be mindful of individual taste and geographical location. Certain remodels may not suit everyone's style, but that's why there's chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. My Mother used to say, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!"

o

Personally, I can't WAIT to post pictures of my finished masterbath! It's been nearly seven months since we gutted the room and we've encountered numerous unexpected delays and issues. I keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it and, in the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy every step.

We recently set the tub into place and tested it, yet again, for any leaks...

Photobucket

o

Just finished my small hall bath.

o

Not finished yet...

Have my fingers crossed for this weekend. Toilet/Vanity are going in today.

o

massagerocks-Love the floor of your shower! Is it ceramic tile, I can't tell.
Thanks.

o

Massagerocks said it was marble-"Emperador light
mosaic".

The thread was active 3.5 yrs ago, so not much chance of that poster seeing your question.

o

Thanks. The post has gained new life as I saw the picture of that poster's sinks and vanity on Pinterest today, which prompted my viewing of this thread.

o

I posted a few pictures of our powder room which we converted from a closet, but since the powder room was a side project to the basement bathroom, all the before, progress and finished photos are in my thread on the basement bathroom, but I don't think very many people read my posts. And since the powder room is literally 3x7, it's nearly impossible to photograph!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Starting From Dirt Basement DIY Bathroom

o

I'm not sure but here's one I finished a year and a half ago.

o

I'm glad sowngrow "resurrected" this old thread, because the pictures are all great! There are some good ideas in here. The floor wangshan did is just lovely.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here