Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New paint color for recovered tub area pics included

Posted by mic111 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 0:35

We painted a mural around our old tub tile so we could use the aqua colored paint we wanted with the pink tile that was there.

Were finally redoing the tub in a slightly asian style with a bamboo front, round river rocks on the deck and a blue glass tile on the back splash.

We would like a nice calm look to the room. The aqua paint is too wonderfully lovely and calls attention to itself so I need suggestions on what would be a nice zen/asian alternative that will go with the new tub surround.

Were also going to do new blinds for the windows. Any ideas on that?
Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New paint color for recovered tub area pics included

I would do a greenish soft grey and stencil pale pink lotus flowers or peonies on the wall. Or maybe a sitting buddha...

o
Thanks!

Thanks! That is an excellent suggestion. I held up River Reed C11-2 Olympic from Lowes and it was stunning. It also was a beautiful color with the paint in my master bedroom which is Olympic Crocodile Tears C12-3.

Unfortunately I also need to get something to go with my dolphin, turtle and fish shower. It wasn't quite as stunning with that. I fiddled around with the greys in that area and like Sherman Williams Silver Strand 7057 but I don't know if I want to paint the little shower room a different color than the master bath. And I'm not sure I want to do a straight grey in the master bath as it is very large with a huge mirror so it would become alot of grey to be surrounded by.

I've got the full Sherman Williams and Benjamin Moore color fan decks here at home so if you have a color in mind that you think would work well let me know.

Thanks again!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dolphin Turtle and Fish shower

o
wood in and rocks glued down

I'm pleased to say the wood is in and the rocks are glued down. We only have the grout on the rocks to go. The blue glass is already grouted in but I'm not finishing the top in order to see if I want to add more rows of blue glass tile after I see how everything works together. Then I get to start playing with new wall colors.

o
RE: New paint color for recovered tub area pics included

A pic that shows more of the room.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here