Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grout color

Posted by ev2012 (My Page) on
Mon, May 13, 13 at 23:54

Looking for help with grout color. My bathroom tile, floor and wall, is French vanilla marble. The marble contains taupe and some hint of pink, but dominant shade is vanilla. What color grout would you recommend? Salesperson at tile shop advised to purchase white standard grout (TEC), but I am having second thoughts. I am concerned this may be too light and will get dirty. All else seems to be a bit off. Shades of vanilla by other brands are too yellow. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grout color

Antique white from TEC, or Pearl (?) from TEC might work.

o

Thank you. I will compare the colors.

o

Once you pick a colour, try it out on a sample board with some tiles or pieces of tile (ie at least four pieces to get a look at grout with four corners meeting). Best way to see if you are going to be happy with it.

o

TEC Pearl is very nice. I used it in my recent bathroom reno. Works well with my Lefka White porcelain tiles.

o

Who makes a bright white grout? I have been looking for sometime and they all look off white.

I'm sure I saw a grout called Vanilla recently. This one is called French Vanilla. Does that help?

Here is a link that might be useful: French Vanilla

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here