Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with privacy doorknob color/finish

Posted by luvpatch (My Page) on
Fri, May 3, 13 at 23:54

Hi! I need suggestions for choosing a finish or color for a privacy door knob for my master bath remodel. My bathroom fixtures faucet, towel rack and lighting is all in a brushed bronze finish by Brizo. My knobs on the cream color cabinets are also in a brushed bronze by Kraftmaid. I have been unable to find a door knob with a brushed bronze finish.The door to the toilet /shower area is white. What finish should I do for the a privacy door knob? It seems like a oil rubbed bronze would be too dark against the white. Any suggestions ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with privacy doorknob color/finish

Where have you looked for Brushed Bronze lockset? What brands and stile are you looking for?

o

What is a brushed bronze finish? When I googled it, I just got oil rubbed bronze. Just an FYI, I am doing oil rubbed bronze against white, so I don't think it's too dark! LOL

o

Here is one manufacturer version.

o

Hi! I have searched online and in stores but haven't been able to find anything. I'm probably going to have to go with the dark oil rubbed finish. The website for Brizio is www.Brizio .com/bath/collections. The color is brilliance brushed bronze which is the color of my faucets and towel racks and lighting .

o

Try a locksmith or a door hardware store, they definitely exist. What style, what brand are you looking for?

o

I was finally able to upload a photo I took of my bronze fixtures. They are by Brizio and called Brilliance Brush Bronze.The picture shows them a little bit darker than they actually are. You can see a better picture on the Brizio website or on faucetdirect.com and type it in. I hadn't thought about checking a door hardware store as millworkman suggested and will see if there is one in Houston. I'm not a lover of the dark oil rubbed bronze finish would love to find something else. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

o

ORB is a living finish that will patina while brushed bronze is a PVDF finish that will stay exactly that color. I would pretty dam certain Houston will definitely have a good store for locks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here