Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
axxis_rose

Tub help-tile flange

axxis_rose
11 years ago

I'm renovating 2 bathrooms and now it's down to the wire for ordering tubs. It's been a difficult process as I have an unusual set-up: narrow, small bathrooms, with room for a tub to go into a corner. One tub will be used as tub only; the other as a tub/shower. I tried to find something suitable to replace my beautiful old cast iron tubs with rounded edge from the 1920s, but the only one I could find was by Waterworks for $9,000! I don't want to reglaze because I've heard about, and seen, peeling in other tubs. Then I learned that all cast iron tubs now have textured bottoms which get dirty-looking so that's out. After much searching I've settled on the idea of a built in Duravit D-Code acrylic tub. They come in the exact sizes I need and have spacious interiors. And, they're not too pricey. They're also available with paneling, but I am not crazy about the seam. So, I think on one I will tile, and the other I'll do a marble slab for the tub/shower, which will also have a glass wall instead of shower curtain.

So here is my question: what is a tile flange and does this tub have one? Will I regret not having one? I've read through many discussions here and honestly am still not sure what a tile flange is. I am running out of time, my head is spinning and I could seriously use some help. Thanks in advance!

The link shows photos of the Duravit D-Code tub with tile, and with panel.

Here is a link that might be useful: Duravit D-Code Tub

Comments (9)