sjhockeyfan325

For Mongoct

sjhockeyfan325
9 years ago

Where's my condolence card?

Comments (12)

• MongoCT
    9 years ago

You know what. Seriously, I was going to post a condolence on the other thread, but didn't.

I had the same thing happen back in 2010. Up 3-0 in games, lost the next three and it was tied 3-3. Then the B's got off to a 3-0 lead in game seven...and then lost 4-3!

Trust me, I can commiserate. Been there, and don't want to be there again.

Had a close call today. We lost the first game at home in overtime. Game two was today. Had a 1-0 lead, then after several neutral zone turnovers and two back-to-back penalties, we went down 3-1. With 10 minutes left in the game the B's turned it on. Scored four times in an 8 minute span. Won 5-3 to tie the series at one game apiece. Oy. Now off to Montreal.

Hang in there kiddo. I feel for you.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

sj, I'm sorry about the Sharks.

In other news, the Giants are in 1st place.

• sjhockeyfan325
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for commiserating! (I am a huge Giants fan too - and live a block and a half demo the ballpark!)

Mongo, I should have realized you'd suffered through the same indignity! Good luck this year (and watch out for the Kings)

• MongoCT
    9 years ago

You two root for the Giants?

Ugh!

They beat the Patriots in two Super Bowls. Pox on you! Pox on both of you!

lol

• MongoCT
    9 years ago

"Mongo, I should have realized you'd suffered through the same indignity! "

Losing a 3-0 lead has happened only a handful of times in hockey, unfortunately our teams now make up a couple of the fingers in that hand.

On the good side? I have the Red Sox coming back from an 0-3 deficit to beat the Yankees in the 2004 playoffs. The only time it's ever happened in baseball. For a long-suffering Red Sox fan?

The.

Best.

Ever.

Sweeping the Cardinals in the 2004 World Series was sort of anti-climatic after the comeback against the Yankees.

It's tough with hockey. We have our teams, and they are both pretty darn good teams. When you have a roster that is capable of winning the Stanley Cup and the team comes up short? You feel time ticking away. Makes for a long off-season.

• sjhockeyfan325
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wrong Giants! We're both talking about the baseball Giants (or maybe you knew that?)

Yup, he clock is ticking....

• crl_
    9 years ago

Baseball Giants fans here too. :). My ten year is convinced that they are alternating years and will win the World Series again this year.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

mongoct, Dude, SAN FRANCISCO Giants. Not the ones who play football on the opposite side of the continent.

crl_!!! Every other year. This year should be ours. Are you in the Bay Area?

• crl_
    9 years ago

Yes, we are in the Bay Area. And yes, why not, this can be our year again! They are looking awfully good.

• MongoCT
    9 years ago

"Wrong Giants! We're both talking about the baseball Giants (or maybe you knew that?)"

Yeah,I knew. That's why I added the "lol" at the end. Nice ball park by the way. I went out there for the Red Sox series last August. Caught a game a few weeks ago when I happened to be out there too.

• sjhockeyfan325
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mongo, not in a million years did I expect this one. Sorry for your loss :-(

• enduring
    9 years ago

Don't watch hockey, but DS2, living in Saratoga Springs was heading out with friends to watch the game last night at a local tavern. I know the Bruins where playing. Sorry too. But happy for all our Canadian friends here on the forum! I hope the game was fun to watch anyway.