Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
von4now

Swanstone wall panels installed poorly!

von4now
10 years ago

We are in the middle of a bathroom remodeling project and I had chosen Swanstone shower panels. The contractor installed them in the past two days and did a terrible job! One of the vertical corner pieces that cover the juncture of the side and back panels is cracked. There are gaps all along both the vertical corner pieces, as if not enough adhesive had been applied. And there are gaps at the bottom juncture of the shower pan and the side panel, and several other bad fits. I had asked him when we hired him if he had ever installed these type of panels and he hadn't, but assured me that it wouldn't be a problem. I talked directly with the Swanstone manufacturer and they said installation didn't require any special expertise.
What are my options for dealing with this? Have him take it all out and order the same product and try again? Have him take it all out and put in tile instead? (We have already ordered tile for the floor and the tilers are supposed to be coming in two days.) I don't think I should have to pay for the damaged panels, but what about the labor for what he has done already? Do I hire a new contractor to finish the job? HELP!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz