Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
miruca

Toilet seat "lifter"

miruca
9 years ago

Has anyone installed a toilet seat lifter such as "toilet tabby" or "Nifty Lifty"? I am wondering if they actually stay attached and if they stay clean or are easy to clean.

I've seen "lifters" integrated into a toilet seat but the above are "after market" products that can be added to existing seats.

I want to encourage two young grandsons to lift the toilet seat ... although I agree with them that the seats are "yuck" to lift ... so I am hoping to find an inexpensive functional solution.

Comments (9)

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

Good luck with that! I raised two sons. You are in for a challenge. Tell them...

If you get the surrounding area wet, you clean it!

They learned quickly.

-Babka

• suzanne_sl
    9 years ago

If they think lifting the seat is yukky, remind them that that is why they wash their hands afterwards. Two birds with one stone!

• homepro01
    9 years ago

Toto washlet s400 with an integrated seat lifter?

• miruca
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Looks like I will just have to order both and be the first reviewer for gardenweb :).

homepro01 - we just built a new house so do not want to replace things yet.

• homepro01
    9 years ago

Miruca,
    The washlet is just a toilet seat. Once you have, you won't be able to go back. On the other hand, it may also spoil your kids for life.
    Good luck!

• ineffablespace
    9 years ago

A single piece of toilet paper.

• miruca
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ineffable space - what a concept - lol.

Home pro 101 - a washlet will be going in my mother on law space.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

My sons were taught to lift the seat, hit the hole, clean up any splashes, close the lid, and wash their hands. They also knew not to leave toothpaste in the sink or splashes on the counter. Proper training seemed to make more sense than buying a gadget that enabled their poor habits.

• miruca
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Errant - I am sure there are many mothers and grandmothers that would love to have you come be the private bathroom standards trainer! However, I do think a toilet seat lifter is a far more sanitary option for even the most well trained.