Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
JandJ Bathroom sink is open to the bedroom.

Posted by asinha (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 12 at 22:27

These are pictures from a model home for the house that we want to build.

This is a secondary Jack and Jill Bathroom, where the sink is open to one of the bedrooms. Kinda weird for me. So I want to change this.
The other bedroom is not attached to the bathroom but is across a hallway.

What do I do?

1. Wall up the access to the bathroom from this bedroom and cap off the water outlet. That way there is no sink here. So the only way to access the shared bathroom will be to actually exit the bedroom ...which is no big deal imo.

2. Have a decorative vanity that looks like furniture and a nice framed mirror so that this looks less like someone forgot to put a door there?

3. Any other suggestions?

I don't really want to put a wall and door here.

Thank you so much for your input.

Anu

Pic 1:
Photobucket

Pic 2:
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: JandJ Bathroom sink is open to the bedroom.

How will you use the room? Typically, I would see this suggestion of a floor plan when a family has one child who will live in this room (usually a daughter); and the bathroom will also be the main guest bathroom. This would make it easier to keep the "guest bathroom" less cluttered with the daily girly vanity stuff.

If that isn't how you live, then, closet? Vanity space? desk space? How do you live?

o
RE: JandJ Bathroom sink is open to the bedroom.

This room would actually be used as a study/craft room for me. We plan on living here for a number of years and do not see this room being used for any other purpose. (tween-age kids!)

The downstairs has a complete guest suite - attached full bath in addition to a powder room for guests.

The actual bathroom ( in the picture) will be used solely by my son.

Hmmm desk space might work...

I was wondering if anyone here has encountered a bathroom that opened to the bedroom. I saw maybe one picture when I did a google search. Perhaps I need to reword my search.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here