Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help needed new tub

Posted by KCarr2000 (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 21:50

We are needing to replace the shower in our second bathroom because it is leaking. We want to replace the shower with a tub because we'd like to eventually replace the tub in the master with a shower. I really have an aversion to the sliding glass doors on tubs. Two reasons - first, they are hard to clean, second, I feel claustrophobic when I'm soaking in the tub. I've done a bit of research on the frameless doors, but don't know if that would work well in this situation. Also, I live 2 1/2 hours from a decent sized city, so can't really go look at products. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help needed new tub

I have seen it done with a glass panel only going half way till the middle of the bathtub . It only covers the area where the shower head is . So if you are taking a shower you wan' t splash and if you are soaking in the bathtub you wan ' t feel clostrophobic . I hope this helps .

o

It seems like the trend is towards using a curved rod in a tub/shower combo. I think this is a great idea. There are so many stunning shower curtains out there, the decorating possibilities are endless. There are websites that only sell shower rods, the curtain rings come in countless choices too, the hardest thing will be narrowing it down!

So much easier to bathe small children without that horrible track in the way too.

o

If you will use the tub as a tub, I would go with a curved shower curtain rod. It gives more room when showering and it is completely out of the way when using the tub. It make the tub easier to clean too, Even better in a second bath because there are no track to deal with if bathing little ones.

o

Thanks guys. Lillo, I like the half panels, but my 15 year old son uses this bathroom, so I don't think that is an option. There would be water everywhere. I believe I'm just going to go with a shower curtain. We had the curved rod in our last house. I was just thinking that the shower curtains are out of date, but maybe that's not true. I guess my biggest concern is keeping them clean, but it's easier to wash/replace them than it is to scrub the glass doors. I absolutely hate the glass doors that we have in our master bath.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here