Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Screw-mount shower rods

Posted by misstish64 (My Page) on
Mon, May 31, 10 at 21:49

Hello all,

I've been lurking here during our entire bathroom renovation and now we're getting down to the finishing touches. Your recommendations on products & processes have been so helpful (Hellllllloooooo Panasonic Whisper Fan- what a huge difference) that I thought I'd try my luck with shower rods.

I'm going to order fabric and make shower curtains for my daughter's bathroom that go floor to (almost) ceiling, and I'm looking for a screw-mount shower rod. I'm not interested in the new curved Kohler rods or the curved ones from Moen- anyone using the toilet would be swatting masses of fabric away. Nor am I looking for the expandable screw mount type. I have only seen Gatco rods that are screw-mounted and non-expandable. Any other suggestions?

I promise to post photos when it's done.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Screw-mount shower rods

I recommend bathroom hardware from Ginger Company. Top quality in solid brass available with a number of finishes (chrome, nickel, ORB, etc). They make very strong shower rods that attach to brackets screwed into the wall. Decorative escutcheons (in numerous styles) cover the brackets so no screw heads are visible. Their matching towel bars and accessories are top quality, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ginger Company Bathroom Hardware

o

Thank you for your suggestion, wa8B. I did install Ginger Splashables in the tub area- didn't know they made shower rods too!

o

I bought these rod holders from Use. They are incredibly heavy and look good in the box.

Here is a link that might be useful: Use plumbing rod holders

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here