Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Controller Installation

Posted by ev2012 (My Page) on
Tue, May 14, 13 at 21:45

We are installing the controller for Bain Ultra air bath. The options are on the wall or on the lip of the tub. How did you install yours and why you made your choice? I am trying to ensure there are no faults in my reasoning. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Controller Installation

We installed ours on the deck on the long side of the tub, basically where the bather's right hand could reach it easily. Our thinking was that we'd want to control it while in the bath, as there are lots of options (it's not just turning it on and off). Plus our wall is tiled and I didn't want to stick a control in the middle of it.

o
RE: Controller Installation

Ours is a drop in and we built a box which is now surrounded in marble as well as the wall. If I follow the instructions correctly, we must now cut out a template size in the deck and through the box (marble, etc.) in order to screw the controller on. Ouch! Plus I am sure the box with marble and all is just too thick! If I place this on the wall, it would have to be high as half of the height is finished with marble. Why doesn't this come factory installed?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here