Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Choosing Bypass Shower Doors.

Posted by enduring (My Page) on
Fri, May 24, 13 at 21:45

Hi there, I am getting ready to make my door selection for my shower. I have decided to get a bypass door to save some space. I would like information on the Cardinal Skyline. I saw this door online and a local glass company uses Cardinal, so I am considering it for my bypass door. Also the CRL Serenity bypass door that another local glass company uses is nice. Both are stainless steel with exposed roller systems.

Any feedback would be much appreciated :) I bumped a thread on the topic from this past winter. In that thread someone said that they always see problems with Cardinal. Is that other's experience as well? It's hard for me to believe that my local glass company would use an inferior/inconsistent product.

ps, I hope you are all having the beginnings of a nice holiday with your loved ones. We just went out to the local biker bar (runner up best in Iowa) for supper and a drink. Biker as in bicycle.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Choosing Bypass Shower Doors.

The company I work for sells the Cardinal Skyline, we have sold probably a dozen in the last month with no issues, only one and that was minor with the issue being we combined two kits to make both doors able to slide and we had to fabricate a custom hanger bracket so the issue was more installation (20 min fix however) and we have had zero complaints. The CRL Serenity was made available after the Skyline and was made in response in my opinion. Not an awful lot of difference otherwise except I believe you pay a little more for the CRL name.

o

Thank you Millworkman, that is very nice to hear. I love the look and it would be a perfect solution to my 5' wide shower alcove installation.

I have another question, do you have to drill holes in the shower curb to install this or can it be installed without a hole drilled? I have a cast iron shower pan and don't want to drill into the curb.

o

Not 100% certain but i believe you do for the guides but I will see if I can find out for you for certain.

o

Thank you very much for this help. If one were to drill into cast iron is it ok to do so and can it be sealed adequately from the water to not be a rust problem? I would hope that to be true.

I just have to say it is raining cats and dogs here in central Iowa :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here