Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cmcg21

Finished Master Bath

cmcg21
10 years ago

This is my first posting to this forum, but I have been coming here for great ideas for some time, and have been grateful for all those who posted before me.

Here is my recently completed master bath.
The bathroom dimensions are 7' x 9 1/2'.
Details:
Tile: Level 'Just Oro' porcelain tile
Vanity top: Emperador Light marble
Sink faucet: Grohe Geneva
Shower Faucet: Hansgrohe Raindance
Lighting: Sconces: Hudson Valley Lakeland
Vanity: KraftMaid Tennyson
Vanity Mirror: Bertch Cabinetry
Arched mirror medicine cabinet: Robern
Toilet: Kohler Memoirs
Hardware: Kohler Devonshire
Paint: Benjamin Moore Boardwalk
Radiant heat was installed beneath the floor. The plumber was able to tie it in to the radiant heat manifold that is used for the kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Master Bath

This post was edited by Cmcg21 on Sat, May 4, 13 at 20:59

Comments (22)

• allison0704
    10 years ago

Looks nice! I like your choice of sconces too - not the ordinary.

• janesylvia
    10 years ago

Very beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing.

May I know how wide and high your shower door is? Do you have a vertical clear strip installed on the fixed panel at the door opening? Thank you very much.

• lillo
    10 years ago

Very nice bathroom , simple and elegant . Can you please tell me the width and height of your vanity drawers , and the dimensions of the cabinet above the toilet , including the size of the opened shelve ? The opened shelve , is it for toilet paper rolls ? Thank you , good job .

• cmcg21
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, janesylvia and lillo. Here are the dimensions you requested: The shower door is 78" high, and 52" wide. There is a clear vertical strip on the fixed shower door. It seems to keep the shower water tight. The shower is 36" wide and 51" in length.
    The vanity is 48" wide and 35" tall. The cabinet above the toilet is 24" and 30" in height. The open shelf is 5" in height. I use the open shelf to hold a little basket in which I put my mascara. I store toilet paper in one of the vanity drawers, but I think that shelf would work for that as well.

• janesylvia
    10 years ago

Cmcg21, thank you very much for your detailed information.

How wide is the swinging door (not including the fixed panel)? With a clear vertical strip on the fixed shower door, can the swinging door swing in and out of the shower? Really appreciate your help.

• lillo
    10 years ago

Thank you Cmcg21 for the information. One more question , what is the depth of that cabinet above the toilet ? And what is the dimensions of the 3 drawers on the vanity , (width and height of each drawer front ) ? Thank you again.

• katie111
    10 years ago

Great job! Can you tell me where you got your mirrors? I love them. Thanks!

• cmcg21
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Janesylvia, the width of the swinging shower door is 28", and the fixed door panel is 23" wide. I had to decide if I wanted the door to swing both ways, and the glass installer suggested having the door only open one way for best water seal. So that swinging door only opens out.

• abfabamy
    10 years ago

Very nice! I like your choice of finishes, neutral, calming, but interesting.

• cmcg21
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lillo, the depth of the cabinet above the toilet is 7". The top drawer in the vanity is 6" high, the other two drawers are 11 1/4" high. The drawers are 11 1/2" wide. I hope that helps.

• janesylvia
    10 years ago

Cmcg21, thank you very much for your information, very helpful.

The glass installer suggested two panels with swinging door of width 25". He suggested swinging both ways so that the door can be opened in after shower to prevent water from going out from curb when the door is opened out after shower, because my curb is level and is not slanted inward. But I am afraid without a vertical gasket, water would splash out through the gap, especially for such a small stall shower.

• cmcg21
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Janesylvia, I see just what you mean. It seems you would want a vertical gasket and a horizontal gasket across the bottom of the door if you went with a fixed door. I also have a horizontal gasket in this bathroom, and it does prevent water from leaking outside the shower when the door is opened out. I do use a squeegie also.
    If you went with the door that swings both ways, you could change it later by adding the gaskets if it didn't work out. That is what I did in another bathroom with a door that swung both ways.

• cmcg21
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kate111, thank you. The mirror over the vanity comes from Bertch, a cabinet manufacturer. The vanity is actually from KraftMaid, and they didn't have a mirror like the one I have, so I looked for one elsewhere.
    The arched mirror is actually the front of a recessed medicine cabinet. It is made by Robern. I love that mirror and cabinet.
    I have updated my original post to include photos that show the mirrors more clearly.

This post was edited by Cmcg21 on Sat, May 4, 13 at 21:02

• lillo
    10 years ago

Thank you Cmcg21 for your answers , your are very helpful . I think ,If you can, list all your materials that you used in your bathroom , like faucets manufacturers and paint colors , for future reference for any body who has an inquiry about your bathroom . Just a suggestion .

• cmcg21
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Lillo, I was not sure if any one would be interested, but I agree with your suggestion and appreciate it. I will put together a list.

• raehelen
    10 years ago

Love it! Love the colours and the finishes! And, not just cuz I'm going to do tiles in a similar colour, and also do brushed nickel! LOL But, really nice to see in reality what I've been envisioning in my head for months!

I just have to pick a paint colour, will take a peek at Boardwalk and related tints tomorrow at BM!

• suger4630
    10 years ago

Your bathroom is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. We are planning a master redo and your shower and vanity area is configured like mine. It's great to see what you've done and what mine will look like!

• dljmth
    10 years ago

Very nice and I love the little corner rounded shelf. We are about to put something like that in our new shower because we couldn't fit in a niche.

• enduring
    10 years ago

Beautifully elegant. Great towel area, that is something I am struggling with right now. Can you tell me how big your shower is? Is that a size change for you?

• motherof3inct
    10 years ago

Bathroom remodel is beautiful. I love the tile and layout. What shower drain did you use? I like how it is simple with straight lines, nicer than my cheap looking round one. We are about to start my mastrr bath rmodel and was hoping to purchase a new drain before my contractor just uses the same ugly one. Thanks!

• asharding Harding
    10 years ago

Beautiful Job! We're in the middle of a bathroom remodel ourselves and it's a pain!

• cmcg21
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for your comments! This bathroom turned out to feel like a peaceful retreat for us, which I had hoped it would be.
    The house is 85 years old, and we feel lucky we have a master bath with which to work. It measures 7'x 9 1/2' after gutting it, and removing the original tile floor and walls, and a second floor and tile walls that were installed over it.

Laurat88, the rounded shelf has worked out well. It is a great spot to use to shave your legs!

Enduring, the original shower was a 3' x 3' stall, which felt very enclosed due to a small door opening and a soffit above. That was taken down, and the wall between the shower and vanity was also. The shower now measures 36"x 51",, and the vanity measure 48' wide. That was one of the design challenges of this bathroom; deciding how big to make the shower, and how much room to allow for the vanity. The contractor suggested that we would never regret the added room in the shower and he was right, It does feel so much more spacious.
    The towel area is behind the door, and we were only able to use that after we picked up some wall space by removing layers of tile.

Motherof3inct, the shower drain is by Ebbe. It is "E4400 Series Square Drain Grate", No. E4404, in brushed nickel. The tile installer suggested that for the look. However an added bonus is that when you lift the grate, there is a rubber collar inside the drain that catches hair, and collects it so it can be easily removed. I would love to have that in all my bathrooms, but he said it comes with this drain grate, and he doesn't know if they are sold to retofit in a pre-existing drain.

Asharding, you are right, a bathroom remodel is an endurance test. I hope yours concludes successfully, and promptly!