Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for an unfinished wood medicine cabinet with no mirror

Posted by skuba (My Page) on
Tue, May 21, 13 at 21:36

Hi,

Our vanity comes with matching mirrors, but I would like a little bit more storage in the bathroom. So I am looking for recommendations on where to find an unfinished recessed wood door cabinet that I can put on wall next to vanity.

The idea is to paint it to match the wall color or the vanity color.

I am attaching our vanity. And linking below an example of a cabinet.

Another idea is to get ride of these mirrors and just put frameless mirror cabinets, but I like how these mirrors match the shaker style.

Suggestions, ideas?

Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Example

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for an unfinished wood medicine cabinet with no mirro

This is one below would match very well the style of the vanity, but U$ 380 is a lot:

Link

Can't find anything else that has a wood door. Doesn't need to be unfinished if I could refinish it.

Would it look weird if I just put a frameless recessed mirror cabinet there? I mean because the 2 main mirrors have a white shaker frame, the recessed cabinet would be frameless. If you think it's fine, I could get a Robern one, like this:

Link

What size should it be considering the vanity mirrors are 24x36"including the frame?

I could maybe go with a semi recessed shaker style with mirror like these:

Link

Link

But might need to refinish to match whites of cabinets.

What do you guys think? Ideas?

Thanks

o

This is one below would match very well the style of the vanity, but U$ 380 is a lot:

Medicine Cabinets:Cherry Medicine Cabinet - Handmade Woodworks

Would it look weird if I just put a frameless recessed mirror cabinet there? I mean because the 2 main mirrors have a white shaker frame, the recessed cabinet would be frameless. If you think it's fine, I could get a Robern one, like this:

Robern

What size should it be considering the vanity mirrors are 24x36"including the frame?

I could maybe go with a semi recessed shaker style with mirror like these:

Shutter Medicine Cabinet : Medicine Cabinets : Restoration Hardware

Cartwright Medicine Cabinet : Cartwright : Restoration Hardware

But might need to refinish to match whites of cabinets.

What do you guys think? Ideas?

Thanks

o

What about this?

Here is a link that might be useful: wood medicine cabinet - recessed

o

Turn the mirrors into medicine cabinets by attaching hinges and cutting and building the recess. It's not that difficult to do as long as you don't have drain vent pipes in the way. If you do, then you can't do a medicine cabinet there anyway. An alternative would also be to use one of those "door" type mirrors and place it on an adjacent wall where you could utilize the stud cavity as storage as well. You might have to custom build a sturdier frame for it than I've seen them come with, but it's an inexpensive way to get more storage and the full length mirror you need as well.

o

Hey guys, guess what? I had forgotten my house is old, so I don't have 2x4 studs, so all those recessed cabs with 3 1/2 will be too big.

I only have 2 3/4 plus the wall, making it 3 1/4 at most. Now it's getting even harder to find anything, even mirror cabinets.

Hollysprings, I don't think those mirrors that come with my vanity would work well to be turned into medicine cabinets. They are very huge at 24x36, and probably heavy.

o

Hello all, my company makes picture frame medicine cabinets which are designed for exactly this type of situation. You can view them all at the link below. They are available in three different unfinished frames (as well as a number of finished colors).

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture Frame Medicine Cabinets

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here