Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Experience with faucetdirect.com?

Posted by ikea_gw (My Page) on
Sun, May 26, 13 at 21:34

We are getting ready to order a vanity and whole bunch of shower/sink items from faucetdirect.com. They seem to get decent reviews. Anyone has experience with them around here? Specifically, how easy is it to return things if items arrive in less than perfect conditions? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Experience with faucetdirect.com?

I bought a toto toilet , two sinks, a Panasonic vent and light fixtures from them . All my items came in perfect condition, except the two light fixtures were defective . I called them , they apologized and emailed me two ups prepaid labels . There were no questions asked , they even offered to get me other light fixtures with an extra discount to make up for the deffective ones . They also priced matched my vent that I found at a cheaper price on another site . I believe they have a pretty good customer service .

o

We ordered our tub, sinks, toilet, and maybe a few other small things from them. My mother-in-law ordered all her faucets, toilets, towel bars etc when she remodeled her condo and recommended them to us. Everything arrived as scheduled and with no damage so I don't have any experience with returns. We were very pleased with our experience and their competitive pricing.

o

I ordered lights and towel bars from them. They ship really fast and keep you updated on where the items are in transit. You can find coupon codes for them online too. I think I saved 6%.

o

I ordered my towel bars, tissue holder, hooks from them at different times during the process. Each time the items came the very next day and were in good condition.

o

I've had really great experience with Faucetdirect as well as the other Build.com on-line websites. I purchased almost all of the plumbing (including toilets!) for my entire new house through them (4 bathrooms, kitchen, kitchenette, laundry), as well as handle sets, and some lighting. We had a few mishaps (some my doing, some shipping related), and customer service was completely responsive (even months after I first received the items).

I think they are an exceptional on-line resource, and would use them again in a heartbeat.

o

I ordered some grab bars, small glass shelf, robe hooks, sconce lights, etc. - service was good. After I had made an order for $1500 (plus or minus, I can't remember exactly), I realized I needed one more small grab bar so I ordered that. And it was sent with no shipping fee.

I will possibly be ordering from them again soon. If I do, I think I will go through their phone service (after I do my own research and get a pretty specific list.) It was my experience that the phone rep had some additional information that was helpful, for example, one item was back ordered. He called the company to find out why it was back ordered and what kind of time frame was reasonable for me to expect them. It was very helpful, otherwise, I was going to buy something else.

Though I am going to check local first - nice to do that if at all possible IMO. Though it probably doesn't make any difference. I think we are well on our way to having no store fronts for window shopping eventually.

o

bump

o

Called them and the vanity we want is out of stock even though it says only 1-2 weeks on the web site. It will actually take more like 5 weeks from today. But the customer service person was very nice and really tried to help. I think we might still get it from them and just have to wait a bit longer to have the bathroom completely done.

o

I've placed multiple orders with them, all were just fine. Had one occasion to return - my issue - and they were very accommodating.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here