Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ikea_gw

Experience with faucetdirect.com?

ikea_gw
10 years ago

We are getting ready to order a vanity and whole bunch of shower/sink items from faucetdirect.com. They seem to get decent reviews. Anyone has experience with them around here? Specifically, how easy is it to return things if items arrive in less than perfect conditions? Thanks!

Comments (12)

• lillo
    10 years ago

I bought a toto toilet , two sinks, a Panasonic vent and light fixtures from them . All my items came in perfect condition, except the two light fixtures were defective . I called them , they apologized and emailed me two ups prepaid labels . There were no questions asked , they even offered to get me other light fixtures with an extra discount to make up for the deffective ones . They also priced matched my vent that I found at a cheaper price on another site . I believe they have a pretty good customer service .

• TSG1104
    10 years ago

We ordered our tub, sinks, toilet, and maybe a few other small things from them. My mother-in-law ordered all her faucets, toilets, towel bars etc when she remodeled her condo and recommended them to us. Everything arrived as scheduled and with no damage so I don't have any experience with returns. We were very pleased with our experience and their competitive pricing.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

I ordered lights and towel bars from them. They ship really fast and keep you updated on where the items are in transit. You can find coupon codes for them online too. I think I saved 6%.

• sofla
    10 years ago

I ordered my towel bars, tissue holder, hooks from them at different times during the process. Each time the items came the very next day and were in good condition.

• rmsaustin
    10 years ago

I've had really great experience with Faucetdirect as well as the other Build.com on-line websites. I purchased almost all of the plumbing (including toilets!) for my entire new house through them (4 bathrooms, kitchen, kitchenette, laundry), as well as handle sets, and some lighting. We had a few mishaps (some my doing, some shipping related), and customer service was completely responsive (even months after I first received the items).

I think they are an exceptional on-line resource, and would use them again in a heartbeat.

• elphaba_gw
    10 years ago

I ordered some grab bars, small glass shelf, robe hooks, sconce lights, etc. - service was good. After I had made an order for $1500 (plus or minus, I can't remember exactly), I realized I needed one more small grab bar so I ordered that. And it was sent with no shipping fee.

I will possibly be ordering from them again soon. If I do, I think I will go through their phone service (after I do my own research and get a pretty specific list.) It was my experience that the phone rep had some additional information that was helpful, for example, one item was back ordered. He called the company to find out why it was back ordered and what kind of time frame was reasonable for me to expect them. It was very helpful, otherwise, I was going to buy something else.

Though I am going to check local first - nice to do that if at all possible IMO. Though it probably doesn't make any difference. I think we are well on our way to having no store fronts for window shopping eventually.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    10 years ago

bump

• ikea_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Called them and the vanity we want is out of stock even though it says only 1-2 weeks on the web site. It will actually take more like 5 weeks from today. But the customer service person was very nice and really tried to help. I think we might still get it from them and just have to wait a bit longer to have the bathroom completely done.

• seattlecraftsman
    10 years ago

I've placed multiple orders with them, all were just fine. Had one occasion to return - my issue - and they were very accommodating.

• mjs133
    8 years ago

BUMP

Anyone out there have a recent experience. They seem very strong in customer service over the phone. Would love some feedback.

Thanks!

• monicakm_gw
    8 years ago

I've recently ordered a bathroom faucet from them. Arrived in perfect condition and had the lowest price. It seems like I ordered a couple things from them back in 2007 and had to return one of the items. Don't recall why but it was no problem to return. I'd buy from them again.

• kats737
    8 years ago

Yep. I bought my Danze fixtures from faucetdirect. I ordered an extra shower hose by mistake and the return process was easy.

Ive ve also used other build.com sites, ventdirect and whatever their one for cabinet hardware is. Happy all around.