Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
air jets feel?

Posted by Felicia123 (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 12 at 21:32

I'm really considering a tub with air jets, but I'm concerned that it's going to feel like I'm sitting in soda water...tickling bubbles. I think that would be annoying. I can't find a showroom that has tubs that I can put my arm in and get a feel for it.

For those who have one, can you tell me if it's all tickly or do you feel some motion from the air jets?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: air jets feel?

Soda water tickling bubbles are found in the Kohler Effervescence feature & Jason Microsilk. Other than that, my experience with air tubs has been lots of powerful bubbles all at once all around the tub that give you an allover therapeutic (I would say similar to a deep tissue) massage.

If you go to the Bain Ultra site, they have a link with hotels/bed & breakfasts that have their tubs in them where you can rent a room and try them out if you like. Think of it as a mini-vacation with the opportunity to give a potential future tub a test drive.

Hope this helps!

o

We have an MTI infinity tub (Caribe I think it is called) w/ air jets. They are definitely not tiny bubbles. When on full-blast, they are just as jetty as jacuzzi tubs I have been in. They can also be turned down for a gentler experience. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my air tub. It is one of my favorite things about my new house!

o

I had a Jason Air Masseur tub with air holes all around the bottom edge in my last house. I loved it, I so much prefer it to a jetted tub with just a few powerful jets. Not tickly at all.

o

i know it's been a while since this was posted, but I've heard that the air jets can feel a little chilly in that the air may be heated (in some options) but as it goes up and escapes, so does the warmth - vs a whirlpool that is adding warm water to your tub while you're in it? Can either of the Air jet lovers speak to that experience, yea or nea? Thanks!

o

bump

o

We live in a chilly climate and our air jet tub does not noticeably cool the water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here