Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicsack

Shower floor tile question

aztec123
9 years ago

This is our first time renovating a house. We are building two bathrooms from scratch. Our contractor put us in touch with his "tile and fixture guy" a while back and we spent 3+ hours choosing, mixing and matching tile for each bathroom, vanities, fixtures, etc. We chose a marble basket weave for one bath floor, and a black and white octagon / "soccer ball" pattern for the kids bath floor. Towards the end of the grueling session, we asked about tile for the floor of the shower (we had assumed we would have a different tile in the shower floor than the rest of the bathroom), and he said something along the lines of "you've picked a small enough tile, I would just use the same tile in the shower floor". We were pretty beat at that point and just went with it.

Long story short, several weeks have passed, the tile guy was super-slow in actually ordering the fixtures and vanities we decided on. The whole project has slipped due to his casual disregard of what was the laid out timeline. So we are quite unhappy with the tile guy. Today was the first day we saw some of the tile that has been installed, and we HATE how it looks with the same tile on the shower floor as the rest of the bathroom (otherwise we are fine with it). I will post a few pictures. I honestly can't tell if this actually looks terrible, or if I am channeling my dissatisfaction with the overall performance. Any thoughts - does this look bad? If I wanted to throw down and ask to have the shower tile removed and something else put in - is that even an option at this point?

Comments (11)