Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom Reveal

Posted by kew2006 (My Page) on
Mon, May 19, 14 at 21:03

Hello! My bathroom is finally done! I've gotten so much help from this board. I really appreciate all of the guidance, from the fear that my cats ruined my mud to the problem with my radiant floor heat which my contractor ripped out and redid. I'm glad it is finally done.

I decided to go with a double pedestal sink and I'm very happy with that decision. I don't miss the counter space. I'm not much of a product girl so all of my stuff fits in the medicine cabinet or the basket. I'm finding that my husband puts his stuff back in his cabinet when he's done rather than leaving it on the counter. We also installed a custom stained glass window for privacy. The bathroom window is the most prominent window on our house and the previous window treatments really didn't look nice from the outside. I think the window fits the house and provides much more light. I'm very pleased with how everything turned out. It's not a large bathroom, but it is highly functional and has just the look I wanted.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom Reveal

Pic 2

o

Pic 3

o

Last pic. Thanks again for your help!

o

Love that window. It's a perfect solution, inside and out!

o

It's turned out beautiful. I love everything about it...sink, mirrors, tile window. Nice job!

o

It looks perfect for the house. I assumed the window was original until I read carefully.

o

Nice!

o

This is a great looking bathroom. All so elegant. Happy showering!

o

Thanks! I'm so glad others agree about the window. I was nervous about it during the design.

o

Stellar job! LOVE the floor tile!

o

Peeking in from the decorating forum to see your new bathroom, which is beautiful! The stained glass window couldn't be more appropriate to your style of home and the colors are perfect. Love your bathroom fixture choices, colors, and, well, everything!

o

I looks great! I love the window, what a perfect solution :)

o

Thank you!

o

Beautiful bathroom, and can't say enough about the window. Perfect inside and out.

o

Lovely. Great choices and use of space.

o

gorgeous and when I first read your post about the window, I guess I was expecting something else. Then I saw your pictures, WOW! That window is stunning and works seamlessly with the style of your home from the outside and the design of the bathroom. Great work!

o

The window looks amazing! As does the bathroom!

o

What a beautiful bathroom! And that window... gorgeous!

Congratulations and enjoy!

o

Adding the Product List:
Floor: 1"x2" Calacatta gold marble herringbone
Walls: Lowes American Olean starting line white subway, bead trim, and chair rail
Wail paint: Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray
Medicine cabinets and light fixtures: Pottery Barn
Sink: Renovator's Supply Belle Époque Double Console Sink with 8" faucet
Faucets: Grohe Seabury Chrome
Toilet: Toto Eco Soirée with Toto Washlet E200
Shower: Hansgrohe Raindance S Showerpipe Chrome
Drain: Ebbe chrome square
Threshold: Calacatta Carrera marble
Exhaust Fan: Panasonic whisper ceiling fan
Baskets: Kohler medium and small stainless
Toilet Paper holder, Towel Ring, Towel Hooks: Grohe Essentials Chrome
Basket: Pottery Barn

This post was edited by kew2006 on Sun, Aug 24, 14 at 16:31

o

Beautiful bathroom! What are the dimensions of the shower? I am replacing the bathtub in a small bathroom with a shower and am trying to decide whether to keep the 60" or go with 48" and some storage. It's our main shower so I want it to be comfortable. The bathroom is small so the shower cannot be wider than about 32" (current tub is 29" wide).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here