Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
westleyandbuttercup

We've stormed the castle [bathroom]!

We moved into our newly constructed home a little over a month ago. Things aren't quite complete--we don't have sidewalks and the house isn't even painted yet--but here's a peek at my master bath.

We love, love, love our shower...except for the grout on the wall tile. We went with a greige when we should have gone with a grey. I plan to attempt to remedy that this summer with a grout colorant.

Here's the view from the shower doorway. We were able to switch to a grey grout for the floor.

Here's a more complete view of the vanity area. The tower between the sinks has a lift-up door that hides our electric toothbrush, hairdryer and such. The cupboard at the end of the vanity run has two hampers and tons of shelving space.

This isn't a true reveal as I haven't compiled details for everything, but here are a few:
Shower wall and bathroom floor tile are both Mirasol glazed porcelain by American Olean. 10"x14" on the wall and 12"x12" on the floor.

Shower floor is Noir Hex 2"x2". Accent band is Silver Thorn with Glass Stria. Bench seat is Noir Honed 12"x12". All from The Tile Shop.

Wall color is Benjamin Moore Thunder.

Handles on the drawers are from the SkyeVale Collection and octagonal knobs are from the Fire Collection, both from Schaub and Company.

Comments (9)

• baltomom_gw
    10 years ago

Stunning bathroom! Congratulations on a job well done! I love everything about it! Please post more details when you can. Cabinets, faucets, countertops, lighting, towel warmer (it looks like a plug in?, how do you like it?). Your shower looks beyond luxurious! More info, please!

• treasuretheday
    10 years ago

Ooooo,that's a gorgeous bathroom! I love all of your choices and they look beautiful together. I'd love to hear about your counters.

• raehelen
    10 years ago

Like the white trim around the mirrors! Don't know if I would have thought of that, but it sure looks good!

You know, maybe after living with the greige grout for awhile, it won't even be an issue anymore, looks like it matches your wall paint colour.

Sure envy you all that storage space! Bet you're enjoying that lovely Master Bath!

• lillo
    10 years ago

You are right , I like the grey grout of the floor over the griege on the shower walls . It's turning into a beigy brownish color which is matching with nothing in your bathroom . The grey will be more elegant and tying things together . I got my kitchen floor grout painted , this paint included a sealant too . Thank God my tile man made me a sample of two colors ( like raehelen suggested ) that made me choose the right color.
    You have a beautiful bathroom . Congrats on the new house .

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Beautiful bathroom!

• westleyandbuttercup
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone for the compliments. I will post more information tonight when I get home from work.

• westleyandbuttercup
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@raehelen The white trim was a source of great anxiety...even though I used this picture as inspiration. I was nervous when I made the decision to go with white frames over stained, I was nervous when the carpenter was ready to finish the frames, and I was still nervous after completion that I'd made a mistake. I think I've finally relaxed. :)

[Contemporary Bathroom[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/contemporary-bathroom-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_712~s_2103) by Norwich Architect Smith & Vansant Architects PC

@treasuretheday The countertops are a cultured marble product ordered through Iowa Countertops. I believe they are manufactured by DenMark in Mitchellville, Iowa...I do know for sure the color name is "26-GR Fashion." I'm sorry I don't have more details, but Iowa Countertops is a bit of a mom and pop operation. We had fabulous service there, but they don't have a comprehensive website. The counter and sinks are all one piece; there was a small charge to make the sink bowl white instead of solid color the whole way through but it was worth every penny!

@lillo I'm glad your painted grout turned out well. I will be sure to make sure the product I try comes with a sealant.

@baltomom Here are some more details for you. Please let me know if I left anything out.
    Flanking the mirrors are Gatco 4.5in W Latitude 1-Light Chrome Pocket Sconces from Lowes.

The ceiling fixture is from Overstock. It is item #12645622 and called "Chrome/Crystal 4-light Round Ceiling Chandelier." The sparkle from this light and the drawer hardware are amazing!

Faucets are Cassidy 8" Widespread from Delta.

The cabinetry is from Marquis Cabinets (made for Consolidated Kitchens & Fireplaces by Koch Cabinets). The finish is called Java. With the exception of the appliance garage, all the bathroom cabinets were stock.

The towel bar is a Warmrails Kensington Wall-Mounted Towel Warmer & Drying Rack in chrome. So far, we love it. It plugs in and we added a timer so our towels are warm for after our morning showers. The bigger motivation for us to purchase, though, was we often end up taking second showers in the day after working out or gardening and don't enjoy drying off with damp towels. (Ewwww.) Using the towel warmer in the mornings has made later in the day showers much more enjoyable.

• curlycue
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!!!!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Oh man when you are done you MUST do a total reveal. It looks fabulous! I agree that the gray grout looks better than the greige tannish one (at least from the pics). The shower is huge and beautiful.