Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished remodel pics! Need suggestions for finishing touches.

Posted by williamsem (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 12 at 20:39

First post in Bathrooms, I've been hanging out in Kitchens as that is my next project. But I thought people here would like to see how our bathroom came out, since I found a lot of helpful information here as a lurker. This was a little rushed as I wanted our newly cracked tub OUT and the contractor had some time almost immediately, but I'm happy with it. Thanks for all the great info, this is such a fantastic community!

Still need to paint the door before installing the new knobs and put up some art. My question is what should I do with all the wall space near the ceiling? There's a lot of room up there now, not sure if I should ignore it or if there is something useful I can use it for.

Before: (that is flat hunter green paint, not blue)
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And after! Yay!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished remodel pics! Need suggestions for finishing touche

Very nice and you'd never know you were rushed. Don't you just love having everything fresh and updated?

o

I love the updated changes especially the new vanity and counters as well as the white toilet and tub!

o

Thanks, olychick! I had about a week to pick the big stuff so they were all available, so really about three days of actually store time. At least one of our local Lowes guys knows me by site now! Thank goodness after all the initial research I ended up liking all the stuff at Lowes, it would have been a nightmare driving back an forth with tiles and samples. I just had to keep running over a few aisles!

Thanks, lynn2006! Our whole house is a sea of tan/beige - walls, carpet, trim - so I wanted to keep the "permanent" items neutral but not plain beige. It's my favorite room in the house now, and the motivation to keep pushing forward with redoing all the rooms. Luckily after the kitchen it will be mostly flooring and paint, so a lot more affordable.

o

Great, updated look.

o

Thanks, boschboy!

I guess I should have put in the description "budget" remodel, seems like that is what some are researching. Definitely had a limited budget, but most of it was labor. If we went totally DIY probably would have been about $2k or slightly less including all the accessories from Bed, Bath and
Beyond. It's our only full bath, and I knew I should hire out the tub replacement as plumbing is not among my skills, so for me the additional labor costs were worth the quicker time frame. Would have taken a few months on my crappy work schedule.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here