Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grout with Acryl 60?? BillV? Mongo??

Posted by pepperidge_farm (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 12 at 20:32

OK, so we layed the tile, and in the center of the small tiled entryway is my mosaic :-)

Now we are ready to grout.
We are using Tec XT (have used it in past and like it).

The mosaic is tiny glass tiles and the spacing is somewhat irregular. Some very tight spaces and some that are probably 1/4".

The mosaic is just the size of one of the tiles, 12x12.

I got sanded for the main part of the job, 3/16" joints, and I bought unsanded for the mosaic due to the glass, as well as the smaller joint spaces that will need filling.

I have a little of this Acryl 60 admixture designed for cementitious materials that I thought may be helpful in the unsanded but larger than average joint application....

Any thoughts or input? Or, OMG dont' do that??

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grout with Acryl 60?? BillV? Mongo??

Use the same sanded grout, mixed the same way, throughout. No admix. There's no need for it. TEC XT is one of the most highly modified grouts around. Not only is there not a need for any admix, but it may actually react with the polymers already in the grout.

So I guess the short answer is "OMG dont' do that"! :-)

o

Ah, ok, thanks Bill. .... I think I remember that now- probably why I chose it the first time!

So... I am not worried about the glass being scratched by the sand? (well, I am worried, but I am not supposed to be?)

o

Nope. No problem.

o

Thanks once again, Bill :-)

o
RE: Grout with Acryl 60?? BillV? Mongo?? Finished!

Thanks Bill- the sanded came out very well. Almost dry...

This was the finished product :-)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

o

Excellent!!

Want a job? :-)

o

Aw, gee, make me blush!

Thanks for all your help, Bill :-)

Sarah

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here