Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Guest baths- please review

Posted by ash6181 (My Page) on
Tue, May 14, 13 at 19:55

As I said in my other post (about the master bath), I've posted my overall floor plan in the Building forum. I'm interested in specific feedback on the baths, though, and haven't gotten any input on them from the building forum. Please take a look at the plan below and let me know if you have any suggestions for the two guest baths. Almost anything can be changed because it is new construction and the plans haven't been finalized.

Thanks,
Ashley
 photo lowerlevel_zps614b09e1.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Guest baths- please review

The one attached to the bedroom is fine, although a door to the toilet area is a bit redundant since it is pretty much a one person bath. Just a separation should be adequate.

If the one in the hall also acts as a powder room for the rec room, I think I would want the sink and toilet to be together and the tub to be separate and toward the back. Maybe.

I am not sure how I would lay that one out but I don't like the tub straddling the vanity area and the toilet area. The layout is kind of dictated by the current door position but I would see what happened if you moved the door to one side or the other.

o

I don't know how you plan to use the house, but rather than have one bedroom with a bathroom and another across the hall (shared with the rec room) I'd probably think about moving the bedroom bath into a jack and jill configuration so each bedroom had access, or consider giving each bedroom an ensuite and just have a half bath for the rec area. (but since I see a boat garage, I'll guess you may have guests that could need a shower who are not sleeping in the bedrooms?)

Just random thoughts.

Always ;-)
Hunzi

o

You had me at boat garage.

I agree with palimpsest about the door to the toilet area. I just get a little concerned that if there was a medical issue and someone in that room was in the way of the door it would be difficult to get in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here