Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help corner tile will not go in right

Posted by mori1 (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 12 at 19:22

Two of three sides of my tub are leveled. I put batten on two of the three sides. Couldn't put it on the third one because of the shower valve and that side is leveled so not worried about it. Removed batten on main wall and tile the bottom row no problem. Removed the batten on the side wall and I can't get the corner tile to go in straight. This corner is the low spot, I was told. I had to cut a little off the bottom otherwise one side of tile would be on the tub or butt into the tile above it. When I tried to put the slightly cut tile one corner sticks out. When I try to push it in the opposite corner sticks out. How do I fix this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help corner tile will not go in right

An angle grinder with a Turbo Blade can be used to relieve the high spots. This may be your only option.

o

Not sure how this will help me

o

A picture is worth a thousand words...and will help us understand what you're describing.

o

Actually, the nice people at The Tile Shop told me to play with thinset. So I buttered the tile to make sure it would stick and the added or subtracted on each side. Its not perfect you won't be able to tell unless you stared real closely and ran your hand over it

However, I discovered that I did not do a good job making sure my cbu was flat. I was trying to get the cbu even with the drywall for an easier transition. However, when I did that I caused this.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lighting not the best, sorry about that. Is this even fixable?

o

Grout that matches the tile will cover a multitude of sins.
;)

o

Where the corner meet, I will be using caulk.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here