Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower sliding door advice

Posted by commok (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 12 at 19:07

I have a remodeled masterbath with a 48"x60" walkin shower (opening is 58" wide). Due to the layout of the bathroom, we are going with a sliding door - one with a 30" fixed glass panel, and a 29" sliding glass door - 3/8" tempered glass on both. Two models that are being offered by the glass companies are the CR Lawrence Serenity, and the Cardinal Skyline. The difference in price for an installed system is $500 (Serenity $1400, Skyline $1900). Both look great, the difference is the Serenity has a square 1-3/16" hollow bar supporting the panels, while the Skyline has a 3/4" solid round bar. Anyone have either of these doors, and can comment on them? Any advice? I am thinking the less expensive door should work fine, but wonder if any of you have advice...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower sliding door advice

Should be no issues with either, the only real difference would be aesthetics which would be entirely up to you. Both companies make a good product and providing the installation is top notch you should have no issues. That being said the best products in the world install be a lousy installer will cause problems so be careful on that end.

o
RE: Shower sliding door advice

I almost didn't reply since I don't have exactly what you are asking for. But if someone else looking for sliding doors hits this thread....we got one from Basco and you can order them through Lowes (& use the 15% off moving discount coupon on their site if they still have it). I am happy with it and they have many glass options. I know most people prefer clear. We got the easy clean shield treatment and it does seem to work well.

Basco's web site, now with a luxury line and many frameless models they didn't used to have
http://www.bascoshowerdoor.com/home.aspx

Swanstone kit and Basco door, Ordered from Lowes a Swanston kit with three sides, Planet Earth collection made from recycled material.  Basco door in

Here is a link that might be useful: Basco shower doors

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here