Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toto Soirée---problem cleaning

Posted by joaniepoanie (My Page) on
Sun, May 26, 13 at 18:52

We've had a Soirée in the MB for 3 years now. I like everything about it except...it collects scale in the bottom opening towards the front only..not around the whole opening. It is an odd angle and the toilet brush doesn't hit it. CLR does not work. DH ends up draining the water and scraping it off gently with a myriad of tools. Does anyone else have this problem? It's a pain and it looks like I never clean the toilet. We have an Aquia in the PR and a Kohler in the HB....no problems with those. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toto Soirée---problem cleaning

here is my brush that is actually a dish brush that I got for my new toilet last winter. Would it work to get that out of the way spot?
 photo IMG_3935_zps200318c6.jpg

brush inside trap photo IMG_3938_zps4ee2ef81.jpg

o

Thanks enduring...I will give it a try.

o

Joanie, pumice stone also works. I get rings around my toilet in the basement. (Guest bath so it doesn't get flushed as often, I am assuming it is hard water deposits?) Anyhow, no matter how often I would scrub it, ring remained. Recently, I remembered that I had bought a pumice stone toilet cleaner on a stick (Years and years ago, never used it). Found it, wonder of wonders, and it worked like a charm! I will never have rings again! Who knew? :>)

o

Yes, the pumice stone works very well. When we bought our previous house, I thought we were going to have to buy 6 new toilets, they looked so grungy. I probably spent about 2 hours scrubbing each toilet with the pumice stone, but it was worth the effort.

o

Before I'd use the chemicals and the pumice stone I'd call the tech support at Toto to see what they suggest.

o

Thanks all....do they still make pumice stone on a stick? Perhaps BBB would have them?

o

I would just look at the dollar store for a pumice stone. If they don't have one on a stick, and you need the extra maneuvering room, you could make a hole in the bottom of one and insert your own stick. Honestly, my 'stick' fell off, so I use it without. Make sure it's moistened first, and use a gentle touch. It is a natural fine abrasive, but if used too hard and too often, it may scratch. But porcelain is a very hard finish, and honestly, I can't believe how happy I was to finally get rid of that ring!

o

Hubby bought me (lol) a pumice stone on a stick at Target.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here