Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toilet with kids - Toto Aquia or Toto Eco Drake

Posted by therenee (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 12 at 18:44

I don't have any kids right now, but thinking of it in the next 1-2 years. I want to make sure I don't do something stupid now in "their" bathroom that'll be annoying in the future. I'm trying to decide between the Toto Aquia and the Toto Eco Drake. My husband brought up the issue that younger kids might not be able to hit the button on top of the Aquia easily - is that something to worry about? Does anyone with kids have any other tidbits I need to be thinking about? Oh, and maybe TMI - I'm planning to cloth diaper and this will be the toilet that I use for #2 "shake-outs".

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toilet with kids - Toto Aquia or Toto Eco Drake

Some small kids don't flush because they don't like to flush (noise). I'd be less worried about the button's location than I would be about how hard it is to push the button. But, really, young children need help for many years with wiping anyway... By the time they are independent on the toilet they will be tall enough to flush either type.

o
RE: Toilet with kids - Toto Aquia or Toto Eco Drake

What Kirk said :) I actually don't let my girls, 3 and 4 flush the toilet, partly because I want to make sure there isn't anything in there that isn't supposed to be and partly because at this age, I still check what comes out to make sure it looks healthy. Any toilet is good for shake outs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here