Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethpen

Master Bath Finished

Bethpen
12 years ago

In 1989 my husband and I built our house on a super low budget. The shower he built lasted until about 1995 or so, when we ripped it out with hopes of a remodel. One thing led to another and we just didn't get it done until now. Luckily we had two other showers to use as well as an outside shower that he loves and uses from May until October.

Here are some before photos..

We are usually DIY'ers, but we just couldn't wrap our heads around what to do. We met with a couple of different designers who were also General Contractors. One of them stood out and we really liked her design ideas. It was a real treat to have someone else do all the work, though it was expensive.

And the Elfa Closet!! My clothes are not worthy!

Beth P.

Comments (12)

• gneco
    12 years ago

ur tile is beautiful. is it slate is it real slate or porcelain. if porcelain, what is it and where can i buy it?

• onelady1dog2girls
    12 years ago

Bethpen, this is beautiful. Details please! Specifically, what material dis you use to undermount your tub? What is tub? Did you slope the bench Into shower for water to drain? We would like to use a slab across tub and into shower as well. Thanks!

• abd1
    12 years ago

very nice. love the tub filler faucet, what is it?

• Olychick
    12 years ago

It's so pretty and totally different than any I've seen. I like that! Just beautiful.

• Bethpen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all!

The shower wall and floor tiles are porcelain, Fioranese Laguna Seca tile. The more decorative tile, Anatolia Sierra Ledger is stone (I think?). I'm pretty sure she got both at Best Tile.

The counters and tub surround are Caesarstone. The color is Mink I think, 4350H. I LOVE it. More calm than a granite would have been, but still has some interest, even a little sparkle in the right light. We didn't know to slope into the shower, so that is a concern. The good news is after a quick wipe (top and bottom), it dries really fast.

The Tub and sinks are Kohler Archer, and the Tub filler is Kohler Bancroft. We used the Bancroft for the sinks and I think one of the shower heads. We ended up mixing and matching a little with those.

The towel warmer is a Runtal. We installed it because we already had a heating line going in there. It looks great, except for the two valves that go into the wall, they're kind of industrial and ugly. I guess most of the radiators that they sell (and all that they show in their literature) are electric. I'm sure I won't care at all next Winter in New England.

Olychick, thank you for your nice comments. Seeing photos of your bathroom kept me hopeful that we could do it!

Beth P.

• northminnesota
    12 years ago

I just posted pics of our Archer tub and sinks! The tub is great!

• transitional
    12 years ago

I love, love, love your bathroom! So much so that it's exactly what I'm doing in mine. My husband was set on getting slate and this is finally a look that I can agree on. If you don't mind could I get a few more details?

What curbing or sill was used? It kindof looks like your countertop?

What tile did you go with for the shower floor and do you have a closer pic of that?

When I went shopping for tile I could only find multi-color, copper and autumn. Do you know if yours was in one of these color categories?

It all just looks beautiful!!!

• Bethpen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Transitional, thank you!

The curbing is the same caesarstone as the counter.

The shower floor is a really dark pebble with a dark, blackish grout. I will take photos tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure the color is Laguna Seca. It's hard to tell from an online sample because the colors vary SO much in the box.

Beth P.

• gbsim1
    12 years ago

Oh MY!!!!! Lovely, just lovely!!

Especially loving the use of the Caesarstone... you've got the perfect color blending with your tile, but setting off the tub.

If some of you haven't bothered to look closely because of the tiny size, it's worth clicking a photo to go directly to flickr!

• DoggieMom
    12 years ago

It's beautiful! I love the Caesarstone, I'm also a fan of a calmer material for the countertops particularly when you have a lot of other movement going on with tile as you do. And the color is gorgeous.
    Congratulations!

• qt314b
    12 years ago

I love your bathroom - love all the choices you made - stunning. You noted that your bathtub is a Kohler Archer, all the Kohler archers I see online have a ledge around it I guess as kind of an armrest, your bathtub doesn't seem to have it - is it an older model? I definitely like your tub better

Thanks,

Here is a link that might be useful: Archer Tub

• dawnpfister
    12 years ago

What cabinet hardware did you use? I haven't seen anything like it so far.