Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Faucet not approved by MA Plumbers?

Posted by miruca (My Page) on
Mon, May 27, 13 at 18:29

I've run across a few things I like but it has prohibitions against Massachusetts - does anyone know what this is about? Although not from MA - I wonder if there is something I should be aware of in these faucets

The language states: This item is not approved by the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Plumbers and Gas Fitters. It cannot be shipped to the state of Massachusetts

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Faucet not approved by MA Plumbers?

Yes, we went through this when we were about to buy fixtures and faucets. Our plumber asked us to make sure our tub was approved in Massachusetts because he has had town inspectors tell people that they had to replace them if not approved. We then picked out grohe and rohl fixtures as they were approved. nothing to worry about if not in MA.

o

I bet brickeye has something to say about MA code. ;)

Nothing to worry about if you aren't in MA.

o

Ok. Thanks - still wonder what it is about though

o

Please check any certification for anything bought from Porcelanosa!

o

The deal is the nanny state wants to eliminate lead in faucets. Like anyone is really having a problem with this in the first place.

Lead is alloyed with copper and zinc to form brass. All new faucets will either have to be stainless steel, or the % of lead will have to be low, or the inside of the faucet will have to be coated/plated.

I believe this requirement will go into effect in 2014 (for the entire US). Taxsachusetts is just ahead of the rest of the US.

o

First I've heard of it for MA. CA and (I think) NH were the only two "forbidden" state for shipping something I was buying. I shipped it to my wife's aunt in NV, then on to us. I haven't heard of an inspector actually flagging any such issue.

o

Geoffrey - thanks for the informative explanation!

o

eSteamShower Inc. We offer Luxury Steam Showers, Infrared Sauna, Jacuzzi Whirlpool Bathtubs, Bidets, Faucets, Bathroom Vanities, Shower Panel, Steam Shower Enclosures & More. At the best prices and best customer service guaranteed.

check www.esteamshower.com for more info

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here