Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
realjoy

Master Bath Layout Opinions

realjoy
10 years ago

We need to get our finalized layout to our builder this week. We would deeply appreciate any suggestions or feedback on our current layout. We havent seen any renderings of it, so it is hard for us to visualize.

Layout:

The vanity actually has double sinks and will also have two linen towers...one on each end of vanity. The "tub room" is actually a covered patio for our hot tub. We are going for a large shower instead of a tub and shower, but are wondering if it is too big? I believe it is 4x9 roughly.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments (6)

• asharding Harding
    10 years ago

In the master bath, I would put two sinks or one large rectangular sink if you both don't need to use it at the same time.

I would add some body sprays and maybe a waterfall/rainfall head in addition to the handshower / showerhead. You have the space for it. We're doing it in a much smaller space. Maybe even add a steam generator if the space is enclosed.

The Tub Room would be really awesome if it were a tub room. We were in Bali a while back and the tub was in it's own separate room with glass windows on three sides. The tub was in the center of the room. It was quite luxurious. Your space looks like it would be good for the same.

I like the layout, it's nice. We're in the middle of a bathroom remodel so it's on our minds.

• realjoy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Also, will the bathroom look odd with no windows? The only windows are in shower and toilet area.

• realjoy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

bump...

• coolbeansw
    10 years ago

Can you make the door to the tub room a full lite, for natural light?
    Our shower is 4x7 and plenty big.

• williamsem
    10 years ago

What about flipping the space? I'm no expert with this stuff, but more ideas is always better!

This puts an open doorway or arch from the bedroom, I was thinking maybe a dressing station in the front, with hampers below and space for a valet for watches/jewelry/wallet, hooks for a robe, etc. The closet by the door to the tub room might be handy for tub supplies, unless storage space is panned in that room. All sizes are very approximate, it's hard enough drawing with a finger, but take away my grid lines and we're just going with visual estimates!

• kaysd
    10 years ago

I notice 2 things that would bother me:

It looks like the shower has the 2 shower heads directly across from each other, so that 2 users would be back-to-back in a 4' wide space. That would make for pretty crowded showering in a really large shower. I would leave the one head on the top exterior wall and move the second head to the short wall opposite the bench. With no shower head on the bottom side, you could have less wall and more glass between the shower and the rest of the bath, which will make the shower feel more open and let more natural light into the rest of the bathroom.

I would not like to have to walk all the way through the bathroom to get to the closet. Unless it really messes up your furniture arrangement in the bedroom, I would move the closet door to the bottom wall of the bedroom. This should give you better storage in the closet too, since you can have two uninterrupted 12'-4" runs of rods and/or shelves.