Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pakitchen

Fogless mirror for shower?

pakitchen
9 years ago

My husband shaves his (very coarse and thick) beard in the shower every morning. Now that we are redoing our master bath, he really wants to find a large *fogless* mirror to put in the shower so he can shave more easily.

We have used mirrors before that suction into the glass of a shower wall, and that attach to the shower head (in a way that reduces fog). But these options do not seem to work as this shower will be fully tiled (no glass) and will also have a handheld shower head component. Also we will want it to look 'high end' rather than like a flimsy addition.

I would appreciate any suggestions that any of you have for finding and affixing a good fogless mirror in this type of shower.

Comments (3)

• msbubbaclees
    9 years ago

We got a Cassani shower mirror. It comes with a hook, but I used a metal-look Command hook rated for bathroom/wet area use to hang it up. My husband really likes it, you hold it under the running water for a few moments to warm it up, then hang it back on the hook.
    I could imagine something looking more "high end", but this doesn't look bad, goes in easily, and if you use a Command hook you can always take it down later if you find something better.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cassini shower mirror on Amazon

• crl_
    9 years ago

This came up on houzz when I searched. It's a mirror-backed, lighted niche. Looks like quite the set up. Can you buy fog less mirror material at a glass shop? Also I guess it might be a big problem to replace if the mirror ever broke, depending on how it is installed? Seems unlikely to break.

Here is a link that might be useful: [Shaving mirror in the shower[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/19th-st-contemporary-dc-metro-phvw-vp~4853780)

• pakitchen
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you both for the helpful suggestions!